Fractal Talk

From what I've read, it's Dyna-Cab for bass. I'm hoping that they would add some more bass amps in the process. Firmware 23.00: The Lowrider!

That's something that I assume that Cliff's staff can do on their own though since most of the work is capturing all those cabs rather than programming.

Considering they just finished all the porting work so that all 3 product lines are roughly in sync (Axe-Fx 3 doesn't have the larger Home screen mode tho...), I would imagine they are going to focus on the development of the Axe-Fx IV.
I honestly don’t think so
Obviously there will be AX4 but I don’t see it until maybe late 2024
As Admin said dynacabs are just getting started

I honestly don’t think so
Obviously there will be AX4 but I don’t see it until maybe late 2024
As Admin said dynacabs are just getting started
Well you have to develop the Axe-Fx IV at some point first! Even if you can use a lot of what the Axe-Fx 3 offers already, there's still a lot of work involved.

Speculation GIF by One Chicago

Had my first jam with other musicians today with the FM3 and it didnt go so well. I was fine operating it but it sounded hollow and thin. I need to go back to the drawing board dialing in my patches.
Did you dial it in similar to how you would your helix? Meaning accounting for the volume increase from studio to live

Had my first jam with other musicians today with the FM3 and it didnt go so well. I was fine operating it but it sounded hollow and thin. I need to go back to the drawing board dialing in my patches.
You have to dial it in at band volume , most of the time I noticed I had to add bass and mids cut highs
And gain as the volume went up

You have to dial it in at band volume , most of the time I noticed I had to add bass and mids cut highs
And gain as the volume went up
I feel like Bob would know this considering his use of modelers in band settings. Curious to hear what he says!

Huh? Guess we all hear things differently. I had to dial out bass when using mine live with a band/group.

I am guessing those issues when playing louder are a result of how we do and don't things in when playing
at lower volumes. :idk

I feel like Bob would know this considering his use of modelers in band settings. Curious to hear what he says!

Yeah I been doing it for years. I always dial at band volume to backing tracks. Something I've done is causing the unit to sound not so good in a band setting. I am new to the FM3 so I chalk this up to user error.

Last edited:
Huh? Guess we all hear things differently. I had to dial out bass when using mine live with a band/group.

I am guessing those issues when playing louder are a result of how we do and don't things in when playing
at lower volumes. :idk
Well I have 5 “ monitors at home so I really don’t have a lot of bass or go light on it .

I've had some issues when collapsing a preset to mono that was originally created in stereo, that can cause the problem you were having.

Here's one for us Fractal guys. I got thinking about this reading posts here about how the FAS workflow ain't the greatest (which I agree with.)

We don't have effects presets. So I figured, why not make my own, by pulling out effects from factory presets?

I'd love any help. Here's what I posted over at Fractal:

Here's one for us Fractal guys. I got thinking about this reading posts here about how the FAS workflow ain't the greatest (which I agree with.)

We don't have effects presets. So I figured, why not make my own, by pulling out effects from factory presets?

would this not be similar to the Effects Library , I know 2112 has posted his and there are a ton of matched fx in there ,
like Flngers , phaser , PCM delays and verbs, Eventide pitch stuff, Strymon stuff ,he has compared , matched and basically cloned a lot of the desired and classic pedals , you could take those and put them into a blank preset as the effects blocks defaults

dd

dd

Wow. Thank you Ian! I had even posted in that thread, but I guess since it was so long ago, I forgot. I'll have to dig into it now that I'm into this "zone."

(Although I'm not sure it will last that long, before I go back to "Just enjoy what I have and keep practicing" zone! :rofl :rawk )

Wow. Thank you Ian! I had even posted in that thread, but I guess since it was so long ago, I forgot. I'll have to dig into it now that I'm into this "zone."

(Although I'm not sure it will last that long, before I go back to "Just enjoy what I have and keep practicing" zone! :rofl :rawk )
Thanks for bringing this up I think 🤪
There’s smoke coming out of my ears right now .
I said to myself “I’ve got to look into this” so many times since I’ve picked up an FM3 .
But I’m still in this phase of learning
1692563034115.gif

Does anyone know if there is a save thread function here.
There are certain things I’m not prepared to absorb yet and would like to return to them at some point.

Back