Fractal Talk

…. or a plugin?

I don't think it will ever going to happen.

1. Piracy.
2. No wait lists (pre-orders) = no estimation of sales.
3. No need to upgrade to the latest annual hardware release, PC has endless power, use old MK1 AxeFx hardware as interface, or anything else.
4. The hardware will lose a lot of 'unobtanium prestige' status -> less ownership pride and achievement sense -> less sales.
5. The vast majority of guitarists are bedroom/home players, expensive hardware is expensive.

If they release an AxeFx plugin the business will go downhill fast.

1. Piracy.
3. No need to upgrade to the latest annual hardware release, PC has endless power, use old MK1 AxeFx hardware as interface, or anything else.
4. The hardware will lose a lot of 'unobtanium prestige' status -> less ownership pride and achievement sense -> less sales.
5. The vast majority of guitarists are bedroom/home players, expensive hardware is expensive.

Also a lot more support requests when someone complains how theirs doesn't sound right with interface X or how it uses too much CPU or doesn't work on their specific system etc.

I would buy an Axe-Fx plugin any day, probably even as a subscription service, but I also don't see that happening.

And FM3 too:

WHO CARES!!

Just kidding. Congrats to FAS and all of us for new toys for these amazing tone machines.

This is the first time I have not jumped on the Beeta Train to Tone Town.

Now that there is a release version out maybe I will jump on board this weekend.
For some reason, when I turn this thing on it still sounds good. Crazy, right??
yeah, that's where I'm at. Whilst I jump on the iOS hypetrain every year, I'm not in a hurry for this kind of stuff. And it has just gotten to the point where it's so damn good. How can it be any realer?

That lifelong, nagging sense of something missing is just not there when I use it.

Kind of hard to get used to. :rofl

Yeah, ill be Installing it this weekend, my thoughts are, its just going to be easier than IR folder diving but right now i have 3 Good IR that are doing the Job
So no rush here
I am curious about the Revvs. I used/use them quite a bit on the ol Helix side, because I can get them to sound quite Badlandery.

1. Piracy.

Every plugin has to navigate piracy, there are ways around it. They could use the HW units as a dongle for the plugin, I’d happily keep the HW if it means I can work with the plugin instead.

Aside from that, Fractals policy of updating regularly means any user that wants the latest features and stability will probably rather pay for that.

It almost always happens that plugins help boost HW sales, it could easily introduce new users to their ecosystem and get them hooked into buying HW. They could also make plugins into packs of amps or different gear, or sell as a subscription. They don’t need to be products that negate the use for HW,

I am curious about the Revvs. I used/use them quite a bit on the ol Helix side, because I can get them to sound quite Badlandery.
Yeah the Rev was great On Helix for sure, but I found The Amp I need for next song (Small Box) but who knows I may have a need for the REV in the future
I'm not that Big on new Additions, already plenty there, I much prefer Performance Improvements and Work flow improvements

:idk

Yeah the Rev was great On Helix for sure, but I found The Amp I need for next song (Small Box) but who knows I may have a need for the REV in the future
I'm not that Big on new Additions, already plenty there, I much prefer Performance Improvements and Work flow improvements

Performance? Work?? I already have a job man!!!

emily blunt work GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

:rofl

You never know when the song is going to call for an electric banjolin through a Revv Red on Aggression 3.

But i start a new One Next Tuesday For ~ 32K more a year Less Grief and NO micromanaging
when they told me the Workload and tasks and then said 30K more a year willing to offer me with all the same benefits
It didn't take long to start GAS'ing

:LOL:

Back