Fractal Talk

Hey PB, I'm running across older posts of yours on TheTearsPage, and you're digging the Friedman ASC-10's. Do you still like those as well, or have you completely moved on to the EV's?

I'm also thinking of punting on my amps, as I seriously never use them or my pedalboard anymore, just the Fractal. I kinda want something that looks "speaker cab-like", which I know is shallow of me, but I just think it's cool.

Bud....I liked the ASC-10s at the time I had them. I installed some tilt back arms on mine and they worked well. However, they did not have a great spread because they really weren't designed for that. They are a solid unit for that cab like feel. Mine weighed in at 44lbs each. Not what is advertised.

The PLX is on another level. The clarity and punch from this thing is nuts! This is the first time I am really, really happy with an "FRFR" solution. What I like most is the form factor and the weight as well being under 30lbs!

I totally get it with not using amps live anymore. I'm not. Once in a while I'll bring the Bogner (I have the 50W XTC) and use the Two-Notes captor X into the board. I still will monitor it with the PLX though.

Last edited:
The PLX is on another level. The clarity and punch from this thing is nuts!

stop-it-enough.gif

:LOL:

I can see what's going to happen here as the GAS grows stronger. There's usually a shortage of supply for this sort of item (PXM) in Canada, so me and @Stone will end up wrestling over the same one.

wrestling kitty GIF

Yup....I got lucky and I got one up here as well. They are backordered so they probably won't have any until Oct at the earliest from what I found out. I know Long-McQuade has about 10 on order from early July.

I prefer the CLR to the EV. More clarity imo. The EV is PUNCHY AF though.
They are close I believe
The CLR does have a bit more clarity in the mids a bit more hi fi
The EV wider sound dispersesion
And more punch I would say the EV
Kind of sits between the CLR and something like a Freidman or Redsound which is more cab like

Back