Fractal Talk

Oooooookay, can we take the pseudoscience somewhere else and focus on BEING EXCITED FOR THE FM3 UPDATE
cinco de mayo dancing GIF

That Kill Dry feature is probably the most exciting bit about the final Axe-Fx 3 fw 25 update as it makes parallel blocks or 100% wet signal chains just that little bit easier to use.
Leon Demo'd it here time stamped

PS im anxious also for the new Improved noise gate and the new amps Toanz

:guiness

Reactions: LCW
It's a case of people manifesting the symptoms themselves when they have a confirmation that aligns with their worldview. If that dish was not so obviously a dish but something that the person does not perceive as "thing that causes the issue", they would simply not experience it. [...]
It's all so very naive, IMO, as if the guy is some n00b that doesn't know blind testing, doesn't think for himself, can't measure anything, ...
Actually, he was probably in denial too, exactly because he could not measure anything re. the dish. Maybe it's the last thing they tried and the wife never called it out. Sadly, it's too late to ask now, but I've seen several of his stories about extremely weak signals bothering an e-sensitive person. Some he could measure, some only their body could register, which makes having such a wife an incredible boon ("scientifically speaking"), and helping to test alt science solutions.
-
My uncle is one of those 98% mainstream guys (biologist) and he may read some safe out-there ideas to fool himself he is openminded.
But when I present evidence of my "weird theories" he either gets triggered and will shout, "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!" (because he believes some ancient law is forever) or simply refuses to give 5 mins of his time to see the proof before his eyes :facepalm The university brainwashing is working extremely well (and the general too :grin ) ...

I've once seen a list how many big ideas were invented by people who did NOT read the science (sometimes on purpose) -- which is why it was "never impossible" to them and they just did it. Some of these ideas you can simply go buy, are being used by some institutes and companies, yet if you mention it exists, scientists will get triggered and claim, "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!" :facepalm

Last edited:
The kill dry is cool for sure
I stopped using parallel because it was a pain and put levels all over the place
So this is great
Since we are talking noise
The Easy mode of the gate sounds much improved too
Before it would filter noise when not playing but now it seems it also does that Decimator thing that will filter noise even when playing

Fractal doesn't transmit it via longitudinal waves
That is an open question, but at least Cliff has a strong case for his box. He claimed the science was already there to explain everything and it seems he has proven that to very satisfactory degree. But this is not the case for any subject and evidence will simply be denied or be looked at with closed mind.

I have a friend who disproved a natural law to some degree, at least making that it needed an extension, yet many years later the wiki is still not updated (last I checked). Yet, a "true scientist" (among the many who first mocked him) stole the idea and published it under his own name in Nature w/o even crediting my friend. He had to fight for a simple mention...

Even I alone saw a bunch examples of this kind of thing. If a field doesn't interest you, you likely won't run across the great things in it. People like me may never tell you, because why give away very cool info to people who want to remain in their prison anyway, mocking the real true scientists...?

Me, I at least I'm interested in all sides, can enjoy debunking and find it must-read, but you can't debunk every single thing. True science has more chance where no obvious agendas are present. We are born in a world where scientism has taken over and where mainstream science has become the real pseudoscience way too much (some fields are worse than others). So many things are completely upside down in this world; pretty fascinating, but I think I understand the logic to that. It's all very clever.

I live upside down too, so time for bed here ;)

My uncle is one of those 98% mainstream guys (biologist) and he may read some safe out-there ideas to fool himself he is openminded.
But when I present evidence of my "weird theories" he either gets triggered and will shout, "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!" (because he believes some ancient law is forever) or simply refuses to give 5 mins of his time to see the proof before his eyes :facepalm The university brainwashing is working extremely well (and the general too :grin ) ...

I've once seen a list how many big ideas were invented by people who did NOT read the science (sometimes on purpose) -- which is why it was never impossible to them and they just did it. Some of these ideas you can simply go buy, are being used by some institutes and companies, yet if you mention it exists scientists will get triggered and claim, "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!" :facepalm
I'd rather someone read the science, understood it, then looked into if they can do something different, even if it's contrary to the current knowledge.

Someone who deliberately ignores the science is just getting lucky if they manage to make something that debunks the existing science. It's just as stupid as the "you are limited by music theory and not knowing it lets you be more creative" argument I've seen sometimes.

What is the pro for effects in parallel?
For me the simple pro is that the dry is always at the same level, I don't need to know the mix law of any particular effect, although Fractal has that info somewhere. WIth the QC, 50/50 on delays is somewhere around 73% or something? Who knows -> parallel is simpler. Running external effects in a parallel loop will not add latency to the dry. You can also have fx on your fx so that your fx have fx on them.

For me the simple pro is that the dry is always at the same level, I don't need to know the mix law of any particular effect, although Fractal has that info somewhere. WIth the QC, 50/50 on delays is somewhere around 73% or something? Who knows -> parallel is simpler. Running external effects in a parallel loop will not add latency to the dry. You can also have fx on your fx so that your fx have fx on them.
Can you just explain that last line to me again ?

Back