Fractal Talk

I was tempted to try these

I have an old dish on the side of the house that’s disconnected. Surely that wouldn’t cause any interference?
Here's where I have some of the previous info from (translated) :

Charles: "At the time, I had hung a satellite dish on the terrace. An imaginary beam from the back came exactly on the left side of our wide sofa. If my wife was sitting on the right-hand side of it, there was no problem, but when sitting on the right, she felt bad. I couldn't measure anything. When we read in an article that there are many clouds of longitudinal waves around satellite dishes, I dismantled the dish. No more problems arose at the time. From now on I pay attention that no backs of satellite dishes point towards the bedroom."

That guy was the main expert on www.es-forum.com and in many other places.

I was looking through an old thread on the Fractal Forum where Cliff mentioned he had an issue with his water meter. My meter is under the porch so I’m pretty confident that the water department has an RF transmitter installed on it for remote reading. I’m going to investigate.

Anyone know of a novel way of locating RF without expensive equipment? I really don’t want to use my guitar. 😂 @FractalAudio?
Local studio took COVID shutdown as an opportunity to…well, all I can say is this place is more a pet project of a Hearst family trust-funded than an actual money-making operation:

1712713506465.jpeg

Have you seen cases where it clearly is the cause?

I used to follow an EMF expert (RIP) whose wife was very electro sensitive.
It's only thanks to her that he discovered that sitting in line with a dish is doing something. He could not pick it up with any of his (IIRC) 40 devices, and he had all kinds, from very scientific to "alt science."

From him I do know that dirty electricity spikes from cabling alone can come into the room for several feet. Stetzer filters can help that to a good degree (which IIRC are really just condensators... that sometimes can catch fire -- maybe just like many of them, I suppose. Not sure these filter devices are more than general risky).
100% I was joking about the satellite dish w stone but if you live in an old apartment building w ancient wiring and have people using like Bluetooth printers and gaming console and they are beside below above you absolutely I believe that can cause RF interference

I was tempted to try these

I have a handful of those spread throughout the house and my music room. (y)

Well shit…

Because I don’t have anything better to do. I just had a look in the crawl space under the porch and there is no water meter in the house to be found.
I have a handful of those spread throughout the house and my music room. (y)
And?

I wasn’t having major issues but I figured I dump enough money into electronics and gear to be semi curious enough to run an EMI meter on my lines and then spread some filters around to clean everything up. I had some pretty high readings in several spots in the house which the filters pretty much wiped out. (Particularly if you place them early in a line from the breaker) I even metered my Furman power strip that does filtering, (which I ran my amps/rack into) and while it was knocking the line noise down, it wasn’t eliminating it like those GW filters.

Cliff's reply simplified ...

"Not every four-wheel vehicle is a F1. I need a F1... Dual Turbo :geek:"
Just to understand your comment a little better, are you trying to say that let's say an M1 processor can push less flops through its bus than a dedicated DSP? Then how come nobody buys accelerators anymore except in few niche cases? There's definitely some design and practical considerations like board layouts being easier, existing codebase etc... But my comment is not "this week everyone changes over", that silly, but in 20 years it would be frankly weird to think dedicated DSP processors will still be developed, they won't have the market to justify the cost. Accumulators are not that hard to model with tensors which is what you end up having lots of in modern processors, and all very parallel.

I'm 100% unconvinced by his argument, because it's a strawman focused on the now, what I said is a simple truth if the computing market trends that are clear as day. Let's talk in 20 years and see how wrong I was?

Just to understand your comment a little better, are you trying to say that let's say an M1 processor can push less flops through its bus than a dedicated DSP? Then how come nobody buys accelerators anymore except in few niche cases? There's definitely some design and practical considerations like board layouts being easier, existing codebase etc... But my comment is not "this week everyone changes over", that silly, but in 20 years it would be frankly weird to think dedicated DSP processors will still be developed, they won't have the market to justify the cost. Accumulators are not that hard to model with tensors which is what you end up having lots of in modern processors, and all very parallel.

I'm 100% unconvinced by his argument, because it's a strawman focused on the now, what I said is a simple truth if the computing market trends that are clear as day. Let's talk in 20 years and see how wrong I was?
I don't know, it seems like Cliff countered all your arguments in his post and now you're moving the goal posts to 20 years from now. 🤷 Who knows what's going on then?

Back