Fractal Talk

giphy.gif

Love me some Super Breakout!

I ordered the Mk II Turbo. Otherwise I'd just be wondering if I should've upgraded anyway. I'll compare CPU usage between the units and post here, since it's so hard to find info on what the extra CPU actually amounts to. I suppose It's like an fx block or two on the grid or room for nicer algos on some fx. I'm usually not the one to flip gear all the time, but the QC just ended up being so disappointing that I got seriously frustrated with it, so it had to go. I should've known better.:bag The Axe II was the only piece of gear I needed for more than a decade and I'm pretty sure the FM3 will be around at least until the next gen floor Fractal comes out. (edit: or the inevitable TURBO VERSION)

Run GIF by Challenger

Absolutely LOVE my Axe III. 20 years ago, when I had been playing for around 2 years, I really wanted a Line 6 Vetta II. The concept of an amp that could model so many other amps was incredible to me, and tbh that amp still sounds great IMO. I still would not have predicted how far modelling has come, nor that there could be a unit that could replace expensive rack units and sound/feel like real amps. Also, 260+ amps? I couldn't have dreamed of it.

Does anyone have a link to concise references (page or video) on dialing in the different effects on the Fractal units? I’ve slowly started browsing through the Fractal Wiki.

I’ve focused my time on the amp modeling for so long that I’ve neglected the effects in the FM3.

Does anyone have a link to concise references (page or video) on dialing in the different effects on the Fractal units? I’ve slowly started browsing through the Fractal Wiki.

I’ve focused my time on the amp modeling for so long that I’ve neglected the effects in the FM3.

Step 1 is to grab established effects libraries. I'd start with Leon Todd's which has an expensive collection of preset effects blocks.

Step 1 is to grab established effects libraries. I'd start with Leon Todd's which has an expensive collection of preset effects blocks.

Leon’s block libraries should just come standard with the Edit software. 90% of the time I’m playing I’m using one of his blocks somewhere in the chain.

Leon’s block libraries should just come standard with the Edit software. 90% of the time I’m playing I’m using one of his blocks somewhere in the chain.

Right? Probably the next great frontier for Fractal is to pre-populate the block libraries with @2112 blocks + all of the "endorser" blocks from the likes of Steve Vai, Petrucci, Alex Lifeson, etc. that they've assembled from the past two GoT collections.

Last edited:
I don't get it??

It was just my attempt [ failure :( ] at light-hearted / sarcastic humour ..... ie: what's the point of having all the blocks and routing in the world if you don't have the most realistic Amp and Cab Block ..... kind of thing ....:)

Last edited:
Back