Fractal Talk

Started playing with the Stealth models while getting ready to track guitars, dialed it in while running through the song and I absolutely love it when the stuff I'm playing through imparts it's self in a song somehow. I've been re-recording this song for 7 years now and I just needed to be at a certain ability to not just play it, but mix it, so here's my annual crack at it. Because of that chug I'm changing riffs up and just doin' the 'fuck yeah' stinkface the whole time I come on a different way of playing something I have a million times.

Good times.

Shouldn't that be preset # 069? :rofl
I bow to your wisdom.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 141341(4).png

Started playing with the Stealth models while getting ready to track guitars, dialed it in while running through the song and I absolutely love it when the stuff I'm playing through imparts it's self in a song somehow. I've been re-recording this song for 7 years now and I just needed to be at a certain ability to not just play it, but mix it, so here's my annual crack at it. Because of that chug I'm changing riffs up and just doin' the 'fuck yeah' stinkface the whole time I come on a different way of playing something I have a million times.

Good times.
I know I say it pretty much after every new model gets added as its well, the shiny new thing , but I honestly feel the Stealth 5153 might be one of, if not the best amps in the AXE at the present time

As an FM9 owner, I'm just chiming in to say 🖕

And in case that emojis doesn't show up...

FU.

❤️

I bought an FM9 about a month ago so I wouldn’t have to lug the Axe-FX and FC12 to rehearsals every week. And before I even had the plastic off the displays there was a tidal wave of updates for the rack unit….

I bought an FM9 about a month ago so I wouldn’t have to lug the Axe-FX and FC12 to rehearsals every week. And before I even had the plastic off the displays there was a tidal wave of updates for the rack unit….
Yeah that's how it goes. My indignation is a sham. The only thing more attractive to me about the rack unit is that it gets updated first.

Okay I'm lying, I also want its 2nd pitch block. 😭

Last edited:
Yeah that's how it goes. My indignation is a sham. The only thing more attractive to me about the rack unit is that it gets updated first.

Okay I'm lying, I also want its 2nd pick block. 😭

The new update for the FM9 is in the hands of the private beta testers right now, so “soon”. Not that it’s mission critical for me, as I already have everything I need dialed in for the band on the old firmware in the Axe-FX, so I’ve just been rebuilding those presets in the FM9 while we’re on holiday time hiatus. But there are a few songs where that new spring reverb sure would be nice…

Silly question from a fractal non-owner: if all I was interested is amp modeling, will FM3 have all the models present in the FM9 and AxeFXIII?

Silly question from a fractal non-owner: if all I was interested is amp modeling, will FM3 have all the models present in the FM9 and AxeFXIII?
At the Moment the AXE FX III has more amps, because its the flagship it gets firmware updates before the 9 and the 3 but most if not all will make it to the 9 and the 3

I know I say it pretty much after every new model gets added as its well, the shiny new thing , but I honestly feel the Stealth 5153 might be one of, if not the best amps in the AXE at the present time
I feel the same way. The Revv was killer, then the Stealth was hot, then the Mk V tickled my fancy, then the Brit Silver got its own star preset.

I need to make a preset with these four on channels ABCD. That’s about all the gain flavors a girl could want.

Okay I'm lying, I also want its 2nd pitch block. 😭

That 2nd pitch block is the only thing I'd REALLY like to have in the FM9. I keep a Whammy on in every preset as a standard, enough to the point that I'd bring an additional guitar for a different tuning rather than forsake the Whammy in a single preset, but it'd be nice to have the Virtual Capo AND Whammy.

Back