Fractal Talk

The Fractal money machine starts up again.....
giphy.gif

I wish. I just picked up $6m+ in new business with my biggest customer because a competitor is failing. I'll be drinking from a fire house for the next few months. I'll be getting to know Fractal land during the only time I have that's mine, the wee hours of the morning.

PS77931-in-use-1024x1024.jpg
Hey atleast business is good? Hopefully you can strike a good work life balance here soon

I wish. I just picked up $6m+ in new business with my biggest customer because a competitor is failing. I'll be drinking from a fire house for the next few months. I'll be getting to know Fractal land during the only time I have that's mine, the wee hours of the morning.

Congratulations on the business at least! Job security has its own beauty. Best of luck with the heightened job demands as well as getting to know the new toy. If you can do it, I very highly recommend going through the owner's and block manuals.

Sweet! Need any help?

Finally had a chance to put the Revv Green models through their paces and they are exactly like I heard in demos of the real amp: mediocre and disappointing. The Revv Red/Purple are great, but the Green feels stiff and sounds dry no matter how I dial it.

You will get better mid gain Marshall tones out of the Cornford, JCM800, JVM, 5153 or any of the Plexi models.

Which again proves that modeling every single channel and switch of an amp is not always desirable. I now understand why Line6 also didn't bother modeling the Green channel of the Revv.

For something more positive, I've been experimenting with Treble Boost drive with vintage Tweed etc style amps and now totally understand why this was a thing. Those old amps can be kinda dark and start to buckle even with the gain from a regular old Les Paul. But drive them with a treble booster and they stay together while cutting through more.
The green models are great.

Hello All, so i was wanting to play around with the balance settings (wanted the left to be slightly louder) and noticed it does not do left and right when i use the balance knob?? Was wondering why this is so, I use Output 1 Left and Right One each going to my Powercabs
is this in the settings somewhere?

Thanks for the help

Hello All, so i was wanting to play around with the balance settings (wanted the left to be slightly louder) and noticed it does not do left and right when i use the balance knob?? Was wondering why this is so, I use Output 1 Left and Right One each going to my Powercabs
is this in the settings somewhere?

Thanks for the help
Works for me when I use the balance control in the output block.

It works in the amp too, if it doesn't that's because you have a mono block after the amp
Are all Reverbs, Delays modulations in Stereo ? i was used to my Helix can choose any model and assign it as stereo not too sure how it works in the Fractal

In example im Using the 4 voice analog would that be Mono or stereo ? Delay I see stereo tape and London plate does not Indicate ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Are all Reverbs, Delays modulations in Stereo ? i was used to my Helix can choose any model and assign it as stereo not too sure how it works in the Fractal

In example im Using the 4 voice analog would that be Mono or stereo ? Delay I see stereo tape and London plate does not Indicate ?

Thanks
All reverbs, delays and modulations have stereo dry signal, reverb and some delay/mod types collapse to mono the wet signal though (but that happens before the processing, so you'll still hear most of them as stereo)

EDIT: see this diagrams in the blocks guide, that + sign on the left is where the two channels are summed to mono

Screenshot_2023-07-15-15-17-07-628_com.adobe.reader-edit.jpg

What's likely the culprit in your case is the cab block, you need to check that its input mode is set to stereo and you need to use two hard panned IRs to make it stereo

Last edited:
All reverbs, delays and modulations have stereo dry signal, reverb and some delay/mod types collapse to mono the wet signal though (but that happens before the processing, so you'll still hear most of them as stereo)

EDIT: see this diagrams in the blocks guide, that + sign on the left is where the two channels are summed to mono

View attachment 8931
What's likely the culprit in your case is the cab block, you need to check that its input mode is set to stereo and you need to use two hard panned IRs to make it stereo
Thank you, Will Implement this (y)

Fwiw, been to P!nk's new show two days ago, guy plays an Axe FX, fantastic sound. Surely helps he's a killer player (Justin Derrico) but still, the sound was remarkably great (unfortunately the bass was barely audible, which spoiled quite some of the fun for me).
Justin is such a ripping player. His precision and versatility is nuts. We were in the same gigging circles 20 years ago, hung out a bunch of times, traded/borrowed gear. IIRC he was using a Bogner Shiva back then.

Couldn’t imagine having even half his ability.

Yes I liked the Shiva, too.

Have you tried the Cornford MK 50 yet?

It ended up being my favourite model out of all of them, especially with 6L6s.
No not yet but is in my list of tryouts for my Next song "Anyway You Want It" Have a few (3-4) to try for that one and the Cornford might be it
(y)
For Parisienne Walkways (live Version, Studio Version is kind of Meh) ive gotten the best tones from the Shiva Dirty and The SLO Clean

1689435389025.png

Back