Fractal Talk

I wonder what percentage of folks are just like you?

Frackle probably has a good idea on what the rate runs… Kind of like Airlines who know how many people actually show up to their seats.

Still a tough management problem (and yet people complain about the wait lists lol)
Yeah I guess I didn't think of it like that. Now I feel bad LOL

if you go to 5:15 in this video:

I've been able to recreate her noise burst sound and I've tied it to the expression pedal, so it basically swings up the ring modulator mix and pitch at your command on an expression pedal. Then when the pedal returns to heel-down, it turns off. If anyone wants the FM9 patch I'd be happy to upload it. It's ridiculous how fun that sound is.

if you go to 5:15 in this video:

I've been able to recreate her noise burst sound and I've tied it to the expression pedal, so it basically swings up the ring modulator mix and pitch at your command on an expression pedal. Then when the pedal returns to heel-down, it turns off. If anyone wants the FM9 patch I'd be happy to upload it. It's ridiculous how fun that sound is.

That's fun as. I need to try that.

The ring mod makes a real funky octaver as well, set pitch tracking on and the ratio to half or double and go.

The ring mod makes a real funky octaver as well, set pitch tracking on and the ratio to half or double and go.
Alright Leon! Give me 24 hours and I’ll throw the patch up here :)

If you like it feel free to use it as content for your channel, I think it’s a seriously fun nasty-sounding effect.

Finally had a chance to put the Revv Green models through their paces and they are exactly like I heard in demos of the real amp: mediocre and disappointing. The Revv Red/Purple are great, but the Green feels stiff and sounds dry no matter how I dial it.

You will get better mid gain Marshall tones out of the Cornford, JCM800, JVM, 5153 or any of the Plexi models.

Which again proves that modeling every single channel and switch of an amp is not always desirable. I now understand why Line6 also didn't bother modeling the Green channel of the Revv.

For something more positive, I've been experimenting with Treble Boost drive with vintage Tweed etc style amps and now totally understand why this was a thing. Those old amps can be kinda dark and start to buckle even with the gain from a regular old Les Paul. But drive them with a treble booster and they stay together while cutting through more.

Just arrived minutes ago.... Talk about a distraction from my job. :ROFLMAO:

B7rIfgh.jpg

Here you go, first a quick short on what I built here:

Here is a 4-cable-method file for it:

Here is a variation of my live/jamming preset using the amp models in the FM9. You will need to select new IRs for this as I use user ones and did not include them:

Enjoy and feel free to use as you see fit! :beer

Yeah, I’m eating lunch then going downstairs to play Fractally shit.
I just took care of my errands..., beach traffic already building. But I felt a sigh of relief once the last red light was behind me, knowing that once I'm home and the groceries are put away, I have nothing to do for the rest of the day except play mah geetar! If I want. And right now I do!

Fwiw, been to P!nk's new show two days ago, guy plays an Axe FX, fantastic sound. Surely helps he's a killer player (Justin Derrico) but still, the sound was remarkably great (unfortunately the bass was barely audible, which spoiled quite some of the fun for me).

Fwiw, been to P!nk's new show two days ago, guy plays an Axe FX, fantastic sound. Surely helps he's a killer player (Justin Derrico) but still, the sound was remarkably great (unfortunately the bass was barely audible, which spoiled quite some of the fun for me).
The FM3/9 or Axe FX is really the perfect touring rig. I saw Metallica is using the IIIs now and used the IIs for a while before that as well.

Back