Fractal Talk

My Eye Spy's a Cornford, GG has used these and Now Victory for a long time

That full step Pinky bend on the 24th fret is Like WTF

:chef

He actually went up 1-1/2 steps, then released to a 1/2 step... But yeah, that's impressive pinky control.

Listen to what Steve says about Axe-III latency here here:

(y)

He should run the Syn in 4CM with the Fractal rather than running the Fractal post-only. Maybe he doesn't want the extra latency hit of 4CM though since he has always been latency sensitive/adverse.

Listen to what Steve says about Axe-III latency here here:

(y)

All those threads about some supposed superhuman latency perception...
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

I’m sure all those refrigerator racks in the 80s with on digital device for delay, one for reverb, and a third for chorus, were complete analog dry-thru (and people worry about the conversion degradation associated with stacking a couple Strymon pedals together…)
Everyone (with a clue) ran their racks with splitters and mixers for parallel processing of the effects so yes completely analog dry. :)

the rack crap aka ART
I can vouch for that!

People still pining for an MP-1 model over at Fractal made me wonder what kinds of things Cliff may have on his list to put in the next generation FAS units.

Since any model of a distinct pre amp, like the ADA MP-1, would require him to choose which power amp to put into that model, I was thinking maybe separate pre and power amp blocks might be a thing.

Not that I really care one way or the other; it was just a thought...

I can vouch for that!

People still pining for an MP-1 model over at Fractal made me wonder what kinds of things Cliff may have on his list to put in the next generation FAS units.

Since any model of a distinct pre amp, like the ADA MP-1, would require him to choose which power amp to put into that model, I was thinking maybe separate pre and power amp blocks might be a thing.

Not that I really care one way or the other; it was just a thought...
Doesn't Fractal already have the CAE-3 preamp modeled in it? Don't think they add a power amp, but also haven't looked into it. Sounds great on its own.

My understanding is that Fractal hasn't been keen to do that to avoid revealing how their modeling works.

There’s still a fair amount of guys who are into big racks. I can’t remember the FB group, it’s Huge Racks Something (not Inc) and it’s fairly active. Dude’s building these huge 20 space racks with all the gear you’d see in Lukather or Vai’s rigs back in the day. It’d be a blast to do if I had a shitload of disposable cash.

There’s still a fair amount of guys who are into big racks. I can’t remember the FB group, it’s Huge Racks Something (not Inc) and it’s fairly active. Dude’s building these huge 20 space racks with all the gear you’d see in Lukather or Vai’s rigs back in the day. It’d be a blast to do if I had a shitload of disposable cash.
Yeah, the owner at my shop is in that group, I should log into his account and see what it's called. :D it's worth being in the group just for the eye candy.

Back