• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1728604964818.png

It's really unfortunate it can't host IRs. Just 4 fx?.....OK.

So unless its cheaper than the NanoCortex or Tonex Pedal, what's the point?
Wait, I thought you knew every about this? You act surprised!

Also, you act like effects are cheap, particularly of Fractal quality. Ever heard of Strymon? Meris? Eventide? Just two big box Strymon pedals are $900+, same goes for Meris. Eventide H90 with two algos at a time is $899.

This is written without any specific knowledge about this unit other than what I've read so far .. but that has never stopped me before ;)

=> it looks like this unit has a Variable Input Impedance [very excellent !!]
=> it looks like it cannot Receive -and- Send Midi CC (?) [not good]

Other than the L6 HXFX having a fixed 1M ohm Input, Line 6 HXFX seems to have and do way more (?) .... plus it has 9 Blocks, scribble scripts, more FSW's, full Midi spec, hosts full spec IR's, has the full suite of the full Helix efx ... etc....

I'm really struggling to see [given the current very limited info] why a potential buyer would pick the VP4 over the Line 6 HXFX (?)
Exactly

This is written without any specific knowledge about this unit other than what I've read so far .. but that has never stopped me before ;)

=> it looks like this unit has a Variable Input Impedance [very excellent !!]
=> it looks like it cannot Receive -and- Send Midi CC (?) [not good]

Other than the L6 HXFX having a fixed 1M ohm Input, Line 6 HXFX seems to have and do way more (?) .... plus it has 9 Blocks, scribble scripts, more FSW's, full Midi spec, hosts full spec IR's, has the full suite of the full Helix efx ... etc....

I'm really struggling to see [given the current very limited info] why a potential buyer would pick the VP4 over the Line 6 HXFX (?)
Effects quality. It’s no contest.

Looks like you could let the VP4 be the preset boss, sending its PC to a midi controlled looper like ML10X which would control amp modeler pedal and other analog pedals pathed through it.
If you want more you can add a mini midi controller like a Luminite FX Graviton M1 to also receive the VP4 PC and then it can send CC back to VP4 to further manipulate channels, scenes, CC for parameters, etc within the current VP4 preset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back