• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sarcasm-sarcastic.gif

Another question ..... its a probable unknown at this stage ... the VP4 has some new efx not in anything else [very nice] .... as well as this, does it contain the full suite of the existing Fractal EFX -or- is it a curated list ?

This is written without any specific knowledge about this unit other than what I've read so far .. but that has never stopped me before ;)

=> it looks like this unit has a Variable Input Impedance [very excellent !!]
=> it looks like it cannot Receive -and- Send Midi CC (?) [not good]

Other than the L6 HXFX having a fixed 1M ohm Input, Line 6 HXFX seems to have and do way more (?) .... plus it has 9 Blocks, scribble scripts, more FSW's, full Midi spec, hosts full spec IR's, has the full suite of the full Helix efx ... etc....

I'm really struggling to see [given the current very limited info] why a potential buyer would pick the VP4 over the Line 6 HXFX (?)

As someone who has both a floor and an FM9, it mainly comes down to the quality of some effects.

The reverbs in fractal are God tier. There’s nothing in HX gear that comes close to what it can do on that front.

The multidelay and plex delay blocks… ditto.

I find the modulation stuff generally better too, and you have a lot more “roll your own” capability with fractal stuff if the main types aren’t giving you what you want.

As far as FSWs, that’s a toss up. Some will want more and some will want less. Considering the power this unit has, I think they made a great call on form factor. This appears to be small enough to me non-problematic on most pedalboards while still having enough power and footswitches to allow you to do a lot.

This things is gonna be killer for people who can function live with a small selection of scenes or presets or people with a switching system.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back