What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would have thought by this point that Fractal wouldn't even announce a produce before it was already in production nevermind teasing a vague announcement. As you say, the hype will buildup and eventually land flat - but well Fractal is the one with the data so maybe it works for them.
Yep. This might end up in disappointment. Until then, it will have a chilling effect on sales.

Last edited:
Maybe Cliff just doesn't want to deal with the plugin issue, like, at all. Dude's 70 years old.
Is he really? I don't know why this fact (if true) just hit me like a ton of bricks... jeez I'm getting old too and it sucks

Matt Damon Grandpa GIF

I don’t think anything after Gojira has been cracked, not sure if they were using ilok since the beginning though
Some shit is just not worth the time to crack, but rest assured that every single release of Fractal's Plugins will be.
This will bring the prestigious Fractal algorithms to every corner of the world for "free" and what little global market Fractal had will be gone in no time.

They actually have been in 2021.. Gojira came out & next week or something like that it was cracked
Were they ilok back then cause nothing after Gojira seems to be cracked, not sure if anything changed
Some shit is just not worth the time to crack, but rest assured that every single release of Fractal's Plugins will be.
This will bring the prestigious Fractal algorithms to every corner of the world for "free" and what little global market Fractal had will be gone in no time.
UAD plugins havent been cracked and theres other big named ones that have ilok which also havent been cracked. Pretty much anything without ilok gets cracked in 2 seconds though. You would assume UAD is a pretty big deal and something that they'd want to go for so if that hasn't been done I feel like the anti piracy stuff is doing its bit.

FWIW Line6 Helix is cracked (not ilok) and I wonder how much of a dent that's made to their Helix Native (or hardware) sales.

Were they ilok back then cause nothing after Gojira seems to be cracked, not sure if anything changed

UAD plugins havent been cracked and theres other big named ones that have ilok which also havent been cracked. Pretty much anything without ilok gets cracked in 2 seconds though. You would assume UAD is a pretty big deal and something that they'd want to go for so if that hasn't been done I feel like the anti piracy stuff is doing its bit.

FWIW Line6 Helix is cracked (not ilok) and I wonder how much of a dent that's made to their Helix Native (or hardware) sales.
UAD is a bit different - the plugins are all on the dsp chip and when you “buy” it you are basically just unlocking access to the plugin that’s been there all the time. Which is why some folks are proposing Fractal go that route and release a “plugin player”.

UAD is a bit different - the plugins are all on the dsp chip and when you “buy” it you are basically just unlocking access to the plugin that’s been there all the time. Which is why some folks are proposing Fractal go that route and release a “plugin player”.

Whilst you *can* run UAD plug-ins on hardware, I believe most are available with "Native" versions that don't require any UAD hardware.

Screenshot_20240810-085148.png

Yes, Neural DSP was iLok from when the Nameless came out. Not sure before that (probably Parallax or the Darkglass came out before the Nameless IIRC).

Yes, Neural DSP was iLok from when the Nameless came out. Not sure before that (probably Parallax or the Darkglass came out before the Nameless IIRC).
Yeah I dunno what the history is but from what I can tell it seems like something in Ilok got updated around 2018-2021 and since then anything new hasnt been cracked. I get its a ticking time bomb and theoretically anything can be cracked, its a game of cat and mouse I guess. But I'm also saying that there's top tier plugins out there right now that would be cracked if they could (and they havent been). So something about ILok right now is preventing that happening. Maybe it'll eventually get cracked and an ILok4 will happen, but for the past few years its been doing its job.

SSL plugins used to get cracked, no more. No UAD native plugins cracked, nothing NDSP after the first run of Gojira has been cracked etc etc. I guess I'm just saying right now there's a 3 year history of ILok working successfully.

Not the case any more. They offer 100% native plugins too now, finally.

There is absolutely no way plugins would devalue what Fractal do, aside from opening up to a way bigger market, it would funnel more HW sales too. Its happened time and time again where companies have resisted plugins for a long time, feeling that the risk is too big, only to realise afterwards that it pays off massively.

Do NDSP/Line 6/IK/Eventide/Strymon/Lexicon suffer from plugins existing? have all the plugin emulations of 1176’s, Neve’s, Pultec’s, Distressors, LA2A’s and everything else led to a decline in HW use? Literally the opposite thing happens, people try the plugins, and down the line some of those people buy HW too.

Would plugins stop all the touring bands who currently use Axe FX’s from using those live? are the sort of people who are pirating software people that are likely to spend $3000 on a HW modeller? These are people that would rather steal than open their own wallet, they are not people that should be taken THAT seriously.

Similarly, if the only reason I need to own an entire Axe FX is to “protect its value”, then I’m being scammed (at least a little bit). People said this kind of stuff for years with hardware reverbs, about HW was optimal and 480’s etc would never run on computers.

Last edited:
Back