• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fractal proudly presents the new Fractal TGF®

The-Simpsons-Homer-car.jpg

Inspired by this thread

I actually hope they never release a plug-in version. I think it would undermine their hardware and open them up for piracy.

The only way I could see that happening is if it required you to already own a FAS unit as a “key”. But then I just don’t see that being “the next thing”.

I actually hope they never release a plug-in version. I think it would undermine their hardware and open them up for piracy.

The only way I could see that happening is if it required you to already own a FAS unit as a “key”. But then I just don’t see that being “the next thing”.
it doesn’t undermine the HW, it’s a totally seperate product with its own use cases. Assuming one replaces the other is doing a disservice and undermining both products.

Lexicon, Eventide, TC Electronic, all make plugin versions of their products, and all have to deal with the same security concerns. Pretty sure all of those companies make or made products that far exceeded the cost of an AxeFX.

I’m surprised so many people want fractal to make products outside of what they particularly excel at as a company. From my perspective - I want Fractal products to put what they do best at the forefront.

Audio interfaces? Power amps? Load Boxes? Fractal Underpants? I’m sure they’d all be good products but they’re not things that make me hold fractal above other companies.

I would love a Fractal iridium or fm6. But I thought the guidelines for the FM family were using the same chassis style or something. And I thought the fm3 was a small as they could make it. So I dont get the suggestions for a fm2 or fm13 or whatever non multiple of 3. Unless we are entering a new era that is not “FM”. Then
FM3 is as small as it goes for the I/O and switching they wanted. That doesn't mean you can't put in a lower class processor that can only do amp/cab sim, maybe a economy grade basic reverb.

I would be all in on either a Fractal amp/cab sim box or a delay+reverb pedal in a small Strymon or HX One size box.

Actual don't do the delay+reverb because I just bought an El Cap V2...

I like how we always seem to get in the weeds with these kinds Convos. They
inevitably devolve into the "I know better than the owner how to release a new
product from a company I don't own, work for, or even finance." :facepalm

It's patty-cake kiddie shit spending someone else's $$$$. :rofl

Pretty sure Cliff and Company have done pretty well without us up to now. I think Fractal has this--whatever it is. :beer

Ilok plugins have never been cracked. Pretty solid track record there for anti piracy.

It doesn’t undermine the hardware. Sure some home players will but the software instead of a hardware unit, but I would expect they’ll price it so that they make a similar amount regardless of which one you buy, so nothing is undermined.

HX native has helped helix, not hurt it.

D

If you’re concerned about piracy and “undermining hardware sales” running plugins, I present you…

giphy.gif

MOAR hardware sales!!!

LFG

giphy.gif

I would have thought by this point that Fractal wouldn't even announce a produce before it was already in production nevermind teasing a vague announcement. As you say, the hype will buildup and eventually land flat - but well Fractal is the one with the data so maybe it works for them.

Oh man! I am kind of dreading the inevitable kvetching that is going to ensue
when it is not everything that everyone wanted/expected. This is the buildup. Always
followed by the letdown. :idk

We humans are truly miserable creatures that way. :hugitout

I would have thought by this point that Fractal wouldn't even announce a produce before it was already in production nevermind teasing a vague announcement. As you say, the hype will buildup and eventually land flat - but well Fractal is the one with the data so maybe it works for them.
Anything that gets people talking I think is good for the company , look at how many people are engaging in this thread

Back