Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

Looks like they’re closing the gap on how long it takes to bring the updates from the III to the FM3/9, that’ll make some people happy!

This is well timed, I’m always in the middle of tracking a song when an update comes out but I’m just about to start the final guitar tracks on a couple songs today. My III is still on beta 7, I think, I’ve got some downloadin’ to do.

7? :crazy

Might as well own an Axe-Fx II. :rofl

:rofl

So I updated to FW21 and immediately open up the 7-string song I've been working on, using the Dual Rec/IIC++ dual amp preset I've been using on it and testing this beta with. Start tracking without adjusting anything and it sounds like straight ass. Flubby bass, scratchy mids and just all around not good. I spent 90 minutes tweaking that preset and building two new ones....start thinking "Has a FW finally gone in the opposite direction for me? Ugh....I really hope not...."

Glance down at my guitar and the EMG logo just pops out on my bridge pickup.

Duh. Duh duh derp derp derp

I haven't changed the battery in it since I've had it. It had a f*ckin' Radio Shack 9volt in it, I haven't seen a Radio Shack in almost 10 years. :rofl

Took a dinner break, time to jump back in and get back where I was with my f*ckin' preset!

So I updated to FW21 and immediately open up the 7-string song I've been working on, using the Dual Rec/IIC++ dual amp preset I've been using on it and testing this beta with. Start tracking without adjusting anything and it sounds like straight ass. Flubby bass, scratchy mids and just all around not good. I spent 90 minutes tweaking that preset and building two new ones....start thinking "Has a FW finally gone in the opposite direction for me? Ugh....I really hope not...."

I haven't changed the battery in it since I've had it. It had a f*ckin' Radio Shack 9volt in it, I haven't seen a Radio Shack in almost 10 years. :rofl

Took a dinner break, time to jump back in and get back where I was with my f*ckin' preset!
Every time I start tweaking a preset, I have to remind myself to flip the guitar over to see if the little red LED is on! I play it a LOT. so I go through batteries. I don't know why they didn't put that light on the edge of the guitar, where you can see it.

How is that possible? That has to be the longest-lasting Radio Shack battery in existence----since
Radio Shack no longer even exists!! :LOL:

How is that possible? That has to be the longest-lasting Radio Shack battery in existence----since

IMG_2726.jpg

Hell if I know! And I've played the sh*t out of this guitar since I've had it! If they were that damn good, I would have bought a ton of them before they went under! :rofl

Now that we're past the beta stage, I started finishing guitar tracks for the song and slapped together a quick vid.

This is using a dual amp preset, a Dual Rec/IIC++, each amp panned hard left/right, then when I double track it (what I'm doing in the vid) I reverse the panning because I have an OCD thing about having completely different sounds on each side. This isn't mixed at all, just the raw audio out of Logic with my usual buss compressor on the master bus.

Now that we're past the beta stage, I started finishing guitar tracks for the song and slapped together a quick vid.

This is using a dual amp preset, a Dual Rec/IIC++, each amp panned hard left/right, then when I double track it (what I'm doing in the vid) I reverse the panning because I have an OCD thing about having completely different sounds on each side. This isn't mixed at all, just the raw audio out of Logic with my usual buss compressor on the master bus.

That new 9 Volt sounds bad ass!! :LOL:

Killer, Drew! :headbang

Back