Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

I wasn’t speaking out against the money train, I simply said “That’s kinda creepy” after a weirdo started questioning the nationality of somebody else and trying to do a personality profile on the guy, and then weirdo dude saw my post and shifted his weirdness in my direction. Going so far as to say that he has met me and that I’m not a nice person. Just weird as fuck. I‘m guessing I’m just collateral damage, but they don’t give a shit about that stuff anymore.

Ah ah! I witnessed the scene. It wasn't me, but I got fired right afterwards for some reason I didn't understand (I wasn't criticising Fender and I like the Toy-GUI). This forum is full of weird moderators.

Ah ah! I witnessed the scene. It wasn't me, but I got fired right afterwards for some reason I didn't understand (I wasn't criticising Fender and I like the Toy-GUI). This forum is full of weird moderators.

What got me was there was an argument about sample rate frequencies raging all around my encounter with the nut job, and I was the one who got the boot in spite of biting my tongue and sidestepping all of his weird shit. And it continued raging afterward too, with not much notice from the moderator who nailed me (and we all know who it was, as he chimed in immediately afterward).

Edit: Just checked, looks like a thread ban for you as well. Oh well...

This forum is full of bad faith and unfair criticisms about the TMP, but it seems to me to be much healthier and friendlier place.

I'd like to come back to the GUI "toy" screen: what's wrong with a device with which you can build a sound from ground in 25 seconds without a computer plugged in ?
I think this screen is a strong point. If fender offers the possibility of writing notes, displaying the tuners, (+ other widgets) in 'song' mode, the screen is an important part of the tool.

This forum is full of (happy-) bad faith and unfair criticisms about the TMP, but it seems to me to be much healthier and friendlier place.

I'd like to come back to the GUI "toy" screen: what's wrong with a device with which you can build a sound from scratch in 25 seconds without a computer plugged in ?
I think this screen is a strong point. If fender offers the possibility of writing notes, displaying the tuners, (+ other widgets) in 'song' mode, the screen is an important part of the tool.

This forum is full of (happy-) bad faith and unfair criticisms about the TMP, but it seems to me to be much healthier and friendlier place.

I'd like to come back to the GUI "toy" screen: what's wrong with a device with which you can build a sound from scratch in 25 seconds without a computer plugged in ?
I'll bite. Touch screen is nice but having to scroll to see the entire signal chain, submenus to change signal chain types and cab block are both from a 2014 modeler.

I should add that I want it to be cool. But I feel like it would need a ground up UI overhaul that makes zero sense for me considering I have multiples of my go to brand device that gets crap about it's interface but actually has CONTENT on it that it useful versus retooled Mustang GTX amp models.

Last edited:

Welcome, alexone.

This forum is friendlier, for sure.

My opinion is that there´s no bad faith at all... for me, all critics here are exposed with their reasons. Not going to list them all again, but you know what I mean.

That said, I have nothing against the toy GUI as long as it works easy and fine. The thing is that it´s not so well solved as one might think at the begining. But I like the GUI. Not great for the price... but I like it. I/O and hardware are great too.

The rest of the TMP is absolutely NOT great for the price... not even OK for the price, IMO.

Last edited:
I'll bite. Touch screen is nice but having to scroll to see the entire signal chain, submenus to change signal chain types and cab block are both from a 2014 modeler.

I should add that I want it to be cool. But I feel like it would need a ground up UI overhaul that makes zero sense for me considering I have multiples of my go to brand device that gets crap about it's interface but actually has CONTENT on it that it useful versus retooled Mustang GTX amp models.

Yeah, we all like pretty images, but low information density that demands lots of scrolling and memory (+ dumb decisions like "Who needs snapshots/scenes?") is a problem.

I/O and hardware are great too.
I/O is really great. The whole package is kind of in that "goldilocks zone". Close to a "Helix Floor without expression pedal" that so many had been clamoring for. Slightly bigger than a QC, with better footswitch spacing, internal PSU, twice as many FX loops, aux in. There's a lot to like. If Fender were to make the right firmware changes, this thing could kill. But some of the work that needs doing is... significant. I don't think the UI will ever change enough to be as efficient as HX or QC. The amp modeling... who knows?

Nothing, you can do it on almost any device on the market .
That's not how I remember the Axe FX at all. Frankly, the interface is really intuitive and fun. One drawback is that it takes up a looooot of space. But space is the milk of luxury :-)

That's not how I remember the Axe FX at all. Frankly, the interface is really intuitive and fun. One drawback is that it takes up a looooot of space. But space is the milk of luxury :-)
I did say almost any device, nothing special about that.
And if you go a little further and add footswitch assignments, then Helix smokes TBP, hard.

The Helix is not "almost any device". It has a great GUI, maybe the best. But if you want a fair comparison, you should do it now and not at launch: lot of improvements since then. And you should look also at what the TMP actually do that the Helix doesn't (and won't never because it's an end of life product). Btw what do you mean by "footswitch assignement"?

The Helix is not "almost any device". It has a great GUI, maybe the best. But if you want a fair comparison, you should do it now and not at launch: lot of improvements since then. And you should look also at what the TMP actually do that the Helix doesn't (and won't never because it's an end of life product). Btw what do you mean by "footswitch assignement"?
It's $200 more than the Helix and 9 years behind. How long do you think it will take for them to catch up to something that's 9 years old before they can start "surpassing" it?

The Helix is not "almost any device".
Jeez, "you can do it on almost any device on the market", it's not that hard to understand.
Helix, Mooer, Hotone, Nux, QC... All of them can build a sound from ground in 25 seconds without a computer plugged. TBP is not special and unique in that regard, and taking price brackets in consideration, is worse in almost every other.

but arent the presets and amount of amps without even tweaking far more then the fender and i bet will ever be from the fender so many have said just pick an amp and go more or less. And the amount of deep editing power on the fractal rivals any brand if you want/need it so its a win/win

It's $200 more than the Helix and 9 years behind. How long do you think it will take for them to catch up to something that's 9 years old before they can start "surpassing" it?
but people will say its heads above the 9 yr old helix form factor in 2024 and worth the $200 ....i mean the ones who have bought it. But yea the helix feat of being 9 yrs old and no new hardware needed but massive software updating is pretty impressive for sure..along the lines of kemper kind off..? Even fractals releasing new gens is way sooner then 9 yrs..vs just updating the unit for 9 yrs.
Maybe the fender tmp hardware is good to go for the next 10 yrs and they will just update the crap out of it software wise?? we dont know yet.

How long do you think it will take for them to catch up to something that's 9 years old before they can start "surpassing" it?
This is exactly the crux of it for me. Helix or Axe FX (or QC or Headrush or Amperium or mooer or hotone or UAD or Strymon) weren’t compared to old products when they were released. When TMP catches up to 2024 Helix or Axe FX, what are those product lines going to be doing? That assumes that TMP will eventually get better power amp modelling than slapping an EQ curve over a cab to simulate SIC interactions.

IMO even the GUI of TMP isn’t cutting edge given we’ve been using touchscreen phones/ipads/plugins for years. And I’d say something cutting edge is something that others copy going forward - I’m not really seeing anything innovative with TMP’s UI unless seeing a graphic of the gear counts. It’s as innovative as Headrush.

I like the jewel light though.

Back