Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

Mike D Nerds GIF by Beastie Boys

*actual gif of myself obviously

Fair enough, though I have to wonder how many of those people that are "new to modeling" are legit new users, and not shills.

I know, I know.

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

I’m pretty sure that the ones who are attacking anybody who says “mean“ things about their new toy are legit owners. Socially underdeveloped and emotionally unstable, but legit TMP owners nonetheless.

For this forum, absolutely. I don't think people are blindly walking into Guitar Centers looking at this next to a Helix or GT-1000 and wondering if the modeling is comparable to Fractal or if it loads IRs cleanly.

I'm not disagreeing with your opinion of the device itself. Yes, that pice tag is hard to swallow given how much functionality you give up for the "Ooooooh, shiny!" hardware. I wouldn't pay for a snapshot/scenes-less device in 2024 either. But high-end touchscreen floor modelers in a somewhat compact form factor are still a novelty at this point, and this is the only one you can walk into Guitar Center and play with.

If (when?) BOSS, Line 6 or Kemper ever decide to enter this form factor with flagship power inside, then that much more bloom comes of the TMP rose.
i also have a hard time thinking guys walk into gc and plop down 1700 on this unit...when others sitting next to it that look as nice are less $$.

I'm just seeing several satisfied customers at the other place, and their reasoning checks out along the lines of what I said. For music store walk-ins outside of these forums, it's certainly going to catch their eye since there is bound to be no Fractal, Neural, or Kemper to compete.

Instead, you just have long-in-the-tooth variants on Helix and BOSS GT-xxxx.

If it comes to trying it on the floor versus a Helix that hasn't been updated in forever and a BOSS unit that has no updates to apply to it anyway......you can see how it makes TMP look good.
yea but to the average gc walkin...$1700 is ALOT..

I have an hard time believing anyone is blindly dropping $1,700 without a little research, but name recognition + in-store availability + form factor definitely helps.

I suppose if they dig it, good for them. I don’t give a shit what anyone else plays. (Nobody else is perfect :ROFLMAO: )

I have an hard time believing anyone is blindly dropping $1,700 without a little research, but name recognition + in-store availability + form factor definitely helps.

I suppose if they dig it, good for them. I don’t give a shit what anyone else plays. (Nobody else is perfect :ROFLMAO: )

A rationally driven person would absolutely research the hell out of a big purchase. An emotionally driven person, not so much. And judging by the conduct of so many of the new TOPpers, I would say that there were a lot of emotional impulsive purchases. Who then went online to learn more about their new magic Fender box, and THEN found out about Helix and FM9…

Back