Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

That's probably true but...that's not the point. He's playing through the Fender TMP... :clint

He demos a shit ton of gear, and is generally really good at coming up with riffs or songs that work extremely well with the gear he’s using. If he really, really likes something you’ll see him use it on stage.

He demos a shit ton of gear, and is generally really good at coming up with riffs or songs that work extremely well with the gear he’s using. If he really, really likes something you’ll see him use it on stage.
he loves the qc and uses it onstage

I'm aware of that, thanks.

Shrugs GIF

I did. I had a fun time with it; but it was still a very surface level experience. Got some great tones with it but nothing that moved the needle enough to justify stepping backwards from what I am using regularly. Not a dig as I know it's new; but it just has a ways to go.
I had one for about a week and this was exactly my experience. Word for word.

Fender needs to get their own Cordy/Todd/Rabea thing going on where they have a great player that knows the unit inside and out and can display the tones it’s capable of, consistently and not just a 10 minute review/demo channel doing it. I think Fender has caught enough heat that I haven’t felt the need to add to any of it, but relying on the general customer base to create that content isn’t doing anyone any favors and that’s as diplomatic as I can get.

“So guys, if you want the best Marshalls the TMP can do as of yet IMO, look up _____ in the cloud and download the Jubilee, Plexi and JCM800 patches”

And these are the exact tones that’s referencing

Hey all, new here. I recently bought the TMP and as I was searching for info, I came across TGF and only today did I create an account. I'm the guy who was quoted 2 posts above, saying that I liked some Marshall presets (some of which you heard in the video of the guy wearing socks). More on that in a while.

Return period is over in 5 days and although the TMP has problems and the dirty amps leave a lot to be desired, I love this thing. You see I love Matt Schofield, Josh Smith, Robben Ford, you get the idea. Regarding dirty amps, I'm only interested I'm JCM800 and Plexi stuff. The Fender cleans of the TMP are unexpectedly good and very responsive. I am not experienced at modelers though. Only thing I know, I can't like the Boss GX-100 at all, but this stuff is subjective. So maybe I'd be more in love if I tried a Fractal or a QC, or not; I haven't tried them, my problem.

The Marshall presets I positively commented on at TOF (it took me lots of post reading to understand what this means!) are IMO the best version of the not good Marshalls found on the TMP. Hearing them on an amateur home video can't be enough, I heard them on the TMP and they were very nicely tuned. In defense of the person who created the home video, I think he gives us an idea from the comfort of his home of how he tunes his live presets. I happen to agree with his approach, using only 2-3 presets for a whole gig.

I am by no means a Fender fanboy, I hate the fact that the company silently de-hissed the FR cabs with no credit to the great people who came up with the solution, I hate that they don't answer lots of burning questions (I'm not blaming the Fender reps themselves but the company). I'm still considering returning the TMP but truth is I find it addictive.

I think we're all here because we share the same passion. When I read biting posts, I always think about it. Any thoughts welcome, thanks a lot for the useful stuff I've been reading in this forum.

Hey all, new here. I recently bought the TMP and as I was searching for info, I came across TGF and only today did I create an account. I'm the guy who was quoted 2 posts above, saying that I liked some Marshall presets (some of which you heard in the video of the guy wearing socks). More on that in a while.

Return period is over in 5 days and although the TMP has problems and the dirty amps leave a lot to be desired, I love this thing. You see I love Matt Schofield, Josh Smith, Robben Ford, you get the idea. Regarding dirty amps, I'm only interested I'm JCM800 and Plexi stuff. The Fender cleans of the TMP are unexpectedly good and very responsive. I am not experienced at modelers though. Only thing I know, I can't like the Boss GX-100 at all, but this stuff is subjective. So maybe I'd be more in love if I tried a Fractal or a QC, or not; I haven't tried them, my problem.

The Marshall presets I positively commented on at TOF (it took me lots of post reading to understand what this means!) are IMO the best version of the not good Marshalls found on the TMP. Hearing them on an amateur home video can't be enough, I heard them on the TMP and they were very nicely tuned. In defense of the person who created the home video, I think he gives us an idea from the comfort of his home of how he tunes his live presets. I happen to agree with his approach, using only 2-3 presets for a whole gig.

I am by no means a Fender fanboy, I hate the fact that the company silently de-hissed the FR cabs with no credit to the great people who came up with the solution, I hate that they don't answer lots of burning questions (I'm not blaming the Fender reps themselves but the company). I'm still considering returning the TMP but truth is I find it addictive.

I think we're all here because we share the same passion. When I read biting posts, I always think about it. Any thoughts welcome, thanks a lot for the useful stuff I've been reading in this forum.
We’ll talk shit about anything and everything over here, we just don’t have the, uh, personality conflicts of TOP because we can all take some salt. At the end of the day it’s guitar gear and whatever gets you excited about playing and inspires you is the right piece of equipment.

If you’ve got some gear you find addicting, play the hell out of it and don’t question it, despite what dolts like myself say on the internet!

Back