Do you Floyd?

They dont make em like they used too huh :D
That was a great unit design by George Blanda at Fender using floyd patents. The only problem with it was spare parts. They sold complete or something they called the part kit which was the trem without the arm and springs. Fortunately they are indestructible. The only issue is the clamp blocks are unique and impossible to find.

IMG_0434.gif

Anti string breakage.
Ah well Graphtech claims less string breakage due to the PTFE lubricant impregnated within their saddle material allowing strings to glide through the saddle contact rather than binding and causing the string to break.

With these locking saddles you won’t have string movement through the saddle, so Graphtech’s of no benefit here, get yours today! ;)

Graphtech locking saddles for the Floyds are amazing! I've been using them for 5 years now. Completely eliminated any string breakage for me.

Ah well Graphtech claims less string breakage due to the PTFE lubricant impregnated within their saddle material allowing strings to glide through the saddle contact rather than binding and causing the string to break.

With these locking saddles you won’t have string movement through the saddle, so Graphtech’s of no benefit here, get yours today! ;)
Strings don’t move at tension on a strat either. I find the reason why they improve breakages is the only people buying them had an issue with there original saddles and now they are not using them it’s fixed.

If you have a string breaking problem you need to look exactly where it is happening and smooth out the contact at this point. If you get this repeatedly it’s definitely something on the saddle. You shouldn’t buy these for anything other than you like the tone because they don’t do anything that couldn’t have been fixed in the original saddle. The piezo is good though if you don’t mind the tone of the saddle with a piezo in the way.

Strings don’t move at tension on a strat either. I find the reason why they improve breakages is the only people buying them had an issue with there original saddles and now they are not using them it’s fixed.
If strings don’t move through the saddle when at tension, what’s the use of these locking saddles?

I rarely break strings, like maybe once a year, certainly don't need graphtech saddles, if yo do you need to take a hard look at your technique , it's not normal.

With these locking saddles you won’t have string movement through the saddle, so Graphtech’s of no benefit here, get yours today!

Well, given that Graphtech also does FR saddles, I gather there's a reason for it (probably just metal agains metal, even if there's no movement).

I rarely break strings, like maybe once a year, certainly don't need graphtech saddles, if yo do you need to take a hard look at your technique , it's not normal.

Nah, I'm playing lotsa funky stuff, requiring quite some hard strumming here and there. Also, I often cannot bring a spare guitar live (travel baggage restrictions), so that Graphtech safety net is a nice thing to have, even if it was just because I hate changing strings for each gig.

Nah, I'm playing lotsa funky stuff, requiring quite some hard strumming here and there. Also, I often cannot bring a spare guitar live (travel baggage restrictions), so that Graphtech safety net is a nice thing to have, even if it was just because I hate changing strings for each gig.
Snake oil got you there.

Back