Do you Floyd?

No No No GIF

Yes , great bridge. Good sounding and if set up properly the only trem that simply stays in tune no matter what. Easier to string up than a Bigsby. The only problem is with low rent copies and the Special. The metal needs to be of a certain quality to hold up and anything less is just not going to work.

I have to have a Floyd or something with the same range. The Floyd Speedloader came with the best instructions on how to set up a floating trem in general: lock trem, stretch and tune, unlock, set spring claw screws. I have rock solid tuning on current Floyd, with full freedom. I even set my pickups low enough to allow a full pull-up without choking out. 🙂 I tried to go without a trem for years, and I missed it terribly.

It's not a Floyd and doesn't actually infringe on any patents. Zero desirable I'm afraid.
I’m curious as to why it says MFG Floyd Rose
stamped on the right .
Any insight on why it’s stamped like this ?

How do those Parallel Axis pickups balance for you? Do you like them overall? I was really looking at those at some point.
I do like them and I think the set balances very well. The bridge pu is the TB1 original, so not as hot in the mids as the other versions but still has enough and is clear sounding with bite, which I like. The parallel stack neck is really nice. Fat and juicy, not too dark or too bright. I need to play this guitar a bit more to be honest. Problem is the neck shape is not ideal, maybe too thin and doesn't suit me as well these days. It's more sentimental as this was from an old Kramer guitar, the first electric I bought for myself around '93. I'm seriously considering getting another neck for this body.

Back