The ultimate ‘80s rock guitar available today?

Might as well go full on Steel Panther, Met! :rawk

satchel-e1554326410462.jpg
when I saw Rock of Ages at the theater last year - the guitarist was playing the the green version of this.

I've seen a amateur dramatics version of it as well and the guitarist was playing an Ibanez RG model

when I saw Rock of Ages at the theater last year - the guitarist was playing the the green version of this.

I've seen a amateur dramatics version of it as well and the guitarist was playing an Ibanez RG model

I watched the rig rundown with Joel Hoekstra and it looked like DBZ must have sponsored the show on Broadway. Kind of disappointing to see nothing but DBZ guitars at an ‘80s show :confused:

I might PM you some questions about the show, I haven’t had a chance to see it yet!

Last edited:
80s arent really my thing but if they were I'd go charvel or those reissue ibanez 550s

I like Jacksons in theory but the prices they charge for cortek built stuff gets an eye brow raise from me (not that I have a problem with cortek, just how Jackson prices those models)

80s arent really my thing but if they were I'd go charvel or those reissue ibanez 550s

I like Jacksons in theory but the prices they charge for cortek built stuff gets an eye brow raise from me (not that I have a problem with cortek, just how Jackson prices those models)

What is cortek?

Buy a USA Jackson . There is nothing wrong with Cort at the price point.

What is cortek?

OEM builder, most brands with products coming out of Indonesia are built by cortek

Buy a USA Jackson . There is nothing wrong with Cort at the price point.

Was there a recent price drop on Jacksons? I just checked and you're right, both USA and MIJ models seemed to be a lot lower than they were?

A couple years back I was looing at some MII jacksons that were $2k+. They were nice guitars but I couldn't rationalize the price

I watched the rig rundown with Joel Hoekstra and it looked like DBZ must have sponsored the show on Broadway. Kind of disappointing to see nothing but DBZ guitars at an ‘80s show :confused:

I might PM you some questions about the show, I haven’t had a chance to see it yet!
Of course - I've seen it 3 times - London and Manchester both official tour but different lineup of band as a few years apart.
Then there was a amateur dramatics version I saw as well - that was quite funny because we didn't realise it was am dram and were thinking that cast looked like they had been picked off the street or something. We then realised the obvious and enjoyed it none the less 🤣

My suggestions is a guitar that I'd actually play in other scenarios.

I'd mod it, make the neck pickup work. Love the look.

If it really needs to be over the top, I'd try to find an ESP George Lynch with the tiger finish and maple board.

I was never one for relics but they have grown on me over the year and I really like these evh one. charvel do some so cal ones as well (prob same factory)

Back