Do you Floyd?

You only have issues with regular saddles if they are worn and have a sharp edge or burr.

I have by now replaced the saddles on 4 vibrato and 1 non vibrato guitar. Brdiges include a Wilkinson VS100, Gotoh 510, G&L Legacy system, so quite some decent stuff. And on ALL these guitars, string life was very noticeably improved. And yes, I inspected the saddles very carefully, loking for sharp edges and what not.

They also sound different ,not in a good way.

I disagree. Usually I didn't even notice, just on my Anderson I did - and actually prefered the sound with the Graphtechs.

I have by now replaced the saddles on 4 vibrato and 1 non vibrato guitar. Brdiges include a Wilkinson VS100, Gotoh 510, G&L Legacy system, so quite some decent stuff. And on ALL these guitars, string life was very noticeably improved. And yes, I inspected the saddles very carefully, loking for sharp edges and what not.

I disagree. Usually I didn't even notice, just on my Anderson I did - and actually prefered the sound with the Graphtechs.
If you like the tone fair enough but it is definitely different. String life is hard to measures we are all different . I work regularly with easily over a 100 full time gigging players and none of them have issues with breaking beyond maintenance, but non of these guys would dream of going beyond two shows before a string change.

Graphtech does change your tone for sure, making it softer. I would just compensate with my settings, but I did think it sounded better before. I'm wondering Andy, extending this logic, why not use a metal nut for non locking bridge guitars? Separately, how do you feel about Graphtech nuts for open strings?

We'll need to set up some Floyd Rose Games and get people to submit videos of their prowess. :chef

Gold Medal winner gets a lifetime supply of side-cutters for snipping them useless, little ball-ends off. :rofl

I leave ‘em on!

I wouldn't say graphtech saddles sound softer, it's just the top end frequency changes for better or worse is up to the player. I used them for a number of years on all my guitars and if anything I believed they sustained the note ever so slightly longer. Just my observations -- yours may be totally different. Now my favorites are raw brass, something about the attack I really like.

I did hear a slight difference using Graphtech saddles on my Epiphone Les Paul, but it wasn't a bad thing, just a slightly softer attack, as it hit my ears. It was still incredible tone on that guitar. I still pine after that tone today.

If you like the tone fair enough but it is definitely different. String life is hard to measures we are all different . I work regularly with easily over a 100 full time gigging players and none of them have issues with breaking beyond maintenance, but non of these guys would dream of going beyond two shows before a string change.

I agree with @Sascha Franck, I have graphtechs on 2 of my PRSi, an American Strat bridge, and a Godin with a Gibson-style bridge, ALL were breaking, once in a while, at the bridge saddle, only on the high E and B strings, (the two strings I bend the most, and probably cause the most burrs because of how small they are), and string breakage was GREATLY reduced to almost non-existent but just installing Graph Techs, and I certainly didn't change the way I play.

Definitely not snake oil for me.

Having said that, I don't replace my strings, (Elixirs) until they are due to break anyway, so, grain of salt. Even so, my non Graphtech guitars strings' break faster than those with the Graphtechs. :idk

Yes.
Constantly:

Horses.
Thunderstorms.
Growls.
12 speed transmissions.
Volume Swell Specters.
Divebombs.
Minor third slow drops.
Harmonic squeals from hell.
Spring scrapes against the block.
Behind the retaining bar ghosts.

I’m curious as to why it says MFG Floyd Rose
stamped on the right .
Any insight on why it’s stamped like this ?
It says "Floyd Rose Patents"... Although, I'm not sure why. Maybe because it has fine tuners? Not much FR like about that one...

I own about 25 electrics currently. Aside for a Tele partscaster and a few basses, every guitar I own has a Floyd Rose bridge of some sort (mostly original Ibanez Edge), or a Gotoh 2-point 510.

They are integral to my playing style. My hand is never far from the bar!

When I play a fixed bridge guitar I have to re-think things because I'm so used to having them.

Back