Do Something Challenge - 2023 Awards Ceremony

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Ladies and gentlemen, and all the rest of you - well, let's face it - all of you cause ain't no ladies or gentleman here, welcome to the

Do Something Challenge - 2023 Awards Ceremony!

Since we're all about tradition here, honoring the decades of Do Something Challenge Awards Ceremony's of imaginations past, let's get started with our opening act:

That Time @mbenigni Pretended To Be Slayer At The Grammys:

Next stop on that tour was the Academy Awards, where Will Smith slapped Kerry King for taking too long to name his new band. More on that later...

Now, let's get to handing out the awards. Presented by the man, the myth, the legend who inspired every single one of us to pick up a piece of gear and start posting on forums about making music instead of actually making music. BOOMHAUER:

xkqga.jpg

Youknowman, I don't know... man, well looks like I can't see myself reading what sumbum wrote on this thar piece of paper man...

Wait.

:turns paper nightside up:

Ok man here we go

882o22.jpg

GET PEOPLE TO DO SOMETHING WITH THEIR GEAR AWARD: @DrewJD82
Disclaimer: This does not include multiple urgings to insert said gear in places meant for rectal voiding...

Who the #%#$ is @DrewJD82 ? I mean, his parents couldn't stop at "Drew" they had to add those extra letters an' numbers? Does he have an older brother named DrewJD81? Come on man.

Let's all give Drew a hand - if it wasn't for him this whole thing wouldn't have been defeated by death from a smell bodies lie dormant no life
- wait, that's the intro for Kerry King's new band, Chemical Whorefare. My bad.

Next!

882onu.jpg

CRAZIEST AI GENERATED ALBUM COVER AWARD: @Moondog Wily
Let's face it, we all thought he was higher than Snoop Dog touring Bob Marley's house wearing a Cheech and Chong Bong Strap On anyway...

Moondog Wily went way above and beyond with the artwork, videos etc. Earning his place in the Do Something Challenge pantheon of should have been on Mt. Rushmore if the police wouldn't keep arresting us for trying to add him to the monument.

Time to move on!

882p61.jpg

LARGEST SINGLE CHEST HAIR KNOWN TO MANKIND AWARD: @TravisG406

Not only was TravisG406 the very first ever winner of this here whole dang thing man, have you seen that chest hair? I mean, you could 4CM the whole new Metallica tour with that thing.

:untangles from giant chest hair:

This next award really deserves to be in the Nobel Peace Prize esteem level.

nobel-peace-prizejpg-70a89ab8e4a1cada.jpg

Moving on...

882pit.jpg

MAKE EVERYONE BANNERS TO SHOW JUST HOW COOL AND AWESOME AND COOL THEY ARE AWARD: @David Lo Pan

Everyone give it up for @David Lo Pan - and by give it up we mean send him your gear if you aren't going to use it to make music for the Do Something Challenge - he'll be around later to collect the by-products of your incurable, yet entirely moot GAS.

And don't ask him to pay for shipping either... freeloader...

All righty then! Let's keep this caravan moving down the tracks to another mixed metaphor.

882q78.jpg

GET A LIFE AND STOP POSTING SO MANY TRACKS MAN! AWARD: @Iron1

If anyone knows where I can buy a life, please let me know - I'm checking Reverb, eBay, Sweetwater, MusicGoRound, Guitar Center and Marketplace hourly but keep finding gear instead...

Moving along.

882qfg.jpg

EVEN SAMURAI NEED TO TAKE A DUMP MAN AWARD: @Alex Kenivel

May as well face it - that dude's talent is so far beyond any of us that listening to it makes my brown eye pucker like I ate too many sour patch edibles.

Let's keep this show rolling.

882rg1.jpg

WHAT WERE THOSE GUYS DOING BACK THERE MAN AWARD: @Sleezy E and @Gearzilla

Honestly kind of surprised that out of all the killer talent involved in this challenge there wasn't more collabs between players - but maybe it was because ain't nobody want to be seen together back there when they coulda been out here talking about propane and propane related products. GAS, amirite?

Moving on...

Congrats to all the wieners so far. And speaking of wieners:

882qwx.jpg

WISH I WERE A WEINER AWARD: @Sleezy E

I don't know what that dude is doing up in that ginormous Weiner on wheels he has there, but it sounds magnifalicious like eating a salad with five tires right before the show has an aneurysm. Know what I mean?

Moving on...

882sbp.jpg

SEND US ALL TO AUDIUS CAUSE SOUNDCLOUD SUCKS LIKE HOOVER WENT AND BOUGHT IT AWARD: @Stone

Not sure how they let him get away with registering on this forums without the "D" on the end of that screen name, but if Drew can clone himself 82 times just to post on here I guess it's like the Wild West man... and like I was saying Soundcloud sucks.

Now that we've compressed that award to death - err - I mean - anyway, let's keep this show on the road.

882spz.jpg

Recording Goatlord: @JiveTurkey

I saw a turkey trying to get into a Speakeasy once - nobody wanted his jive... :hihat:

:GONG:

Next!

882t0p.jpg

ONE HIT WONDER AWARD: Too many to list - but you know who you are.

Better one hit than no hits - especially when you're talking about Do Something Challenge hits or if you're hanging with Snoop Dog, right?

Time to keep going.

882toz.jpg

DO SOMETHING CHEERLEADER: @FuzzyAce

Anyone know of any emergency eye clinics? After seeing his fuzz on OnlyFans I think I've gone blind... but maybe it was the moonshine... Or one too many of Moondog's AI eye benders... no, it was definitely Fuzz...

Already, let's get to wrapping this up!

882u4o.jpg

Wedge Antilles Award: @Whizzinby

Consistently delivering the goods each and every season - which, when ya think about it means everyone who participated in this challenge got whizzed on - repeatedly. Great now I need a shower - no, not the golden kind! Put that thing away man!!

Well folks, that's it for the Do Something Challenge 2023 Awards! Remember to spay and neuter your bass players - they breed like rabbits!

Thank you to everyone who made 2023 such a success for the Do Something Challenge! Now to make 2024 ever better!

Thanks again for keeping this going @Iron1

While I'm not as productive as I'd like to be, this challenge got me off my ass and put a guitar in my hands more than a few times, even if the end result was never posted.

Congrats to all who participated and I hope we can drag a few of our "silent" members onto the stage in 2024!
Celebrating Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

Outside of the last year of you taking the reins, that post right there is 100% undeniable proof of why you should be the one overseeing the Do Something challenge!!! That made my eyes well up a teeny bit!

While I get a slight tinge of guilt for not participating the last few months, every time I see the threads pop up in New Posts I’m more stoked than anything. One of the coolest things I’ve ever seen on any forum in the last 30 years was people downloading DAWs, figuring out interfaces and just jumping in.

I really hope those who were put off by a DAW or the task of learning it all before gained something from it and continue doing so. IMO, the greatest gift for a creative person is a blank canvas.

Huge, huge props to @Iron1 for taking over on the challenge and keeping up with it with enthusiasm!

Congratulations to everyone who participated and THANK YOU!!!!!

I found out recently David Lo Pan and Iron1 have been talking about how to expand on the challenge in the future, it’ll be very cool seeing how it develops!!

Wow! Amazing Iron.
Dirty Hands Team GIF by CBS

Thanks for helping keep us motivated (and entertained). These challenge threads are really what took me other the edge to hang out at TGF.
It's helped me get back into what I really enjoy and it's been fun to share with others.
I hope more keep posting their music... without it the gear is just gear, right?

Thank you to the Academy for the award!
Celebrate Creighton Bluejays GIF by Creighton University Athletics

Last edited:
Outside of the last year of you taking the reins, that post right there is 100% undeniable proof of why you should be the one overseeing the Do Something challenge!!! That made my eyes well up a teeny bit!

While I get a slight tinge of guilt for not participating the last few months, every time I see the threads pop up in New Posts I’m more stoked than anything. One of the coolest things I’ve ever seen on any forum in the last 30 years was people downloading DAWs, figuring out interfaces and just jumping in.

I really hope those who were put off by a DAW or the task of learning it all before gained something from it and continue doing so. IMO, the greatest gift for a creative person is a blank canvas.

Huge, huge props to @Iron1 for taking over on the challenge and keeping up with it with enthusiasm!

Congratulations to everyone who participated and THANK YOU!!!!!

I found out recently David Lo Pan and Iron1 have been talking about how to expand on the challenge in the future, it’ll be very cool seeing how it develops!!
Thank you for starting this whole thing and knocking me off my plateau of stale creativity. I haven't had this much solo creative output in almost 10 years!

And award for coolest MC of a forum initiative (and of course, two time - hope that number is right - Champion of the Challenge):

IRON1

No, we are not talking about that iron, one your mom used to tidy up your Sunday best, we are talking about the one and only Iron1, MC extraordinaire! If you are looking for the Iron man analogies, you will need to find a new universe as the only Stark here is the stark contrast to boredom that this iron smooths out ;~)) The man with the plan and the words that can stand in a stand up comedy session!! The subtle and obvious pokes at the folk who like to make music but more often make jokes. The Dude with the tude of hilarious and rude, all rolled into one big fat thready blunt that we all get to toke on!!! The sign of the time who toils in grime to design the grind where we all can find a bit of sublime!!!! All praise to the hot Iron, one who's commitment knows no bounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally joined this forum because of this musical challenge. It is only the third forum I have ever been a member of (the others being PRS and Fractal)! So glad I signed up here and it has been a blast participating, and just as much of a blast hearing what others have done and all the laughs along the way ;~))

As for my award for enlisting digital minions to create artwork that would have taken me the rest of my life to even conceptualize, I am not worthy, but accept this honor with a Cheshire cat smile as I get close to the launch of my next video and song (Midnight Noon) ;~))) I assume my new banner will read something to the effect of "Fake Views", but I will leave that for the powers that be to decide ;~))

Congrats to all participants!!!!!! For those who have not participated and are reading these posts for some dark, hidden reason "I throw dog poopy on your shoes"!

Keep on Rockin' you crazy Kidz!

I don’t remember what the hell I did/ said/ wrote to get my name mentioned at the top of the OP (and that video’s been taken down to boot.) Seems safe to assume I should be embarrassed. :facepalm

Last edited:
Back