First Annual Do Something December To Forget Challenge Thread!

I had a friend from London, but he changed his name to @megametal7 and moved to the Bay area. Not the San Francisco Bay, the one just outside Jersey City I think.
Made contact with this guy on another site because he can lay down some serious Bonham style drum tracks.

He and I really have divergent styles, but on certain tracks it all comes together.

Every year the kids pick a song to cover for the grandparent's X-Mas gift. This is our 4th so far:

LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing and tell they kids they are getting what they deserve!! The headstock on that guitar looks like a mirror of the one on my Eko Kadett (though technically, that is not the original neck for that guitar and is actually from the model above it)! Here is a link to a photo of it: https://moondogwily.com/PRS_Forum/Electrics_001_Labeled.jpg

Ok, one more remix, and I'm not sure if it even counts for the challenge... don't care.

I think I posted this track back in the first few weeks of tgf, but some of my mix choices always bothered me.

Just remixed it and I think I'm set now.
Fun bassline, the solo is very derivative, but catchy.. and I get to say shit a lot.

Enyoy!

Ok, one more remix, and I'm not sure if it even counts for the challenge... don't care.

I think I posted this track back in the first few weeks of tgf, but some of my mix choices always bothered me.

Fun bassline, the solo is very derivative, but catchy.. and I get to say shit a lot.

Enyoy!

I dig it! Nice and greasy!!

Enyoy!

Well, that was just killer.

Enyoy!

Love this Sleezy!

Following in the vein of @riffy's "Make music with anything" thread, comes this (not a) masterpiece.

I picked up a cheap Jackson Kelly JS32 a few weeks ago, mainly just because I'd never played a Kelly and wanted something in the Explorer body shape world to play. Well, as it turns out this one is a Jackson factory second and had a big old crack from the neck pocket into the neck pickup cavity. After some dissection, just the right amount of CA glue and drying time, I was able to get it setup and playing way above it's price category... even more so as the seller is refunding my money since I had to put so much work into salvaging the guitar.

Once I had it in playing shape, I figured I'd see what happens when I just wing it...

So, aside from the Helix and $20 worth of drum loops, this song was essentially free to make...

Yes, you ARE getting your money's worth... since it's free. 🤣

Back