2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week Five

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist

2wWstXM.jpg
Annnnnnnnnnddddd... we're back! Not sure what happened there, but it's likely due to the return of the best DJ in WTGF history:

Boomhauer!

Where did he go? Why hasn't he been around the last few weeks? What the #$#$ did he just say? The answers to these and more burning questions - no not that "burning", there's a cream for that - are just ahead! But first, a word from our sponsor!

LOG FOR GIRLS!!! Splinter removal kit sold separately.

8ffve4.jpg

But, Boomhauer - enquiring minds want to know. Where have you been? WTGF hired you as the drive DJ for the greatest radio station not actually on the radio and you disappeared.

1707657332249.jpeg

After several minutes of introspection Boomhauer took a deep breath, shook his head slightly from side to side, then looked us right in the eye and said:

aliens-ancient-aliens.png

Wait, what? What do aliens have to do with this? Are you telling us you were kidnapped by aliens?

get-in-loser-butt-stuff-alien-abduction-meme-funny-mens-t-shirt.jpg

So, Boomhauer, you're telling us you were abducted by aliens? And.... and... and...
They did "butt stuff"?

8ffw5i.jpg

We're not sure we're following you here. And, no one wants to hear the sordid tail of
Bobby and the Lost Pinecone...

So, were you abducted by aliens or not?

8ffwil.jpg

What?

Dude...
8ffwpb.jpg

Ugh. This seems like it's going to a very bad place. So, Let's try to get this back on track.

Were you or were you not abducted by aliens?

8ffwrm.jpg

Did you get a good look at them? Can you tell our audience what they looked like?

This is GROUNDBREAKING!!

WTGF, the greatest radio station not actually on the radio
has a first hand,
actual account of an alien abduction
from one of our most famous employees!

Tell us Boomhauer, tell the entire world, all who are listening RIGHT NOW! Tell us, what did the aliens look like?

8ffwzt.jpg

8ffx3l.jpg

You got it on video? WOW! This is going to be a game changer! But wait, those "aliens" look really familiar...

8ffxe6.jpg

Let's get this straight: for the record,
you weren't actually kidnapped by aliens,
but you hung out with Cheech and Chong,
smoked illegal drugs, thought you all saw aliens - aliens with pinecones - while you were high,
ate food not fit for a dumpster fire,
then had a two week long bought of diarrhea?

8ffxky.jpg

:facepalm
Ladies and gentlemen, WTGF would like to issue a very public apology for wasting your time with the
"We have proof of aliens" story. It seems our new DJ was simply, well, HR says we're not allowed to talk
about this anymore, so let's move on.

Welcome to 2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week FIVE!

Here's the tally so far:

@PLX - 11
@Iron1 - 6
@LiveeviL2000 - 4
@Whizzinby - 5
@DrewJD82 - 3
@FuzzyAce - 7
@Alex Kenivel - 3
@Sleezy E - I
@T Gobbs - 15!!!
@Moondog Wily - 3
@TJontheRoad - 4
@aldunk - 5
@megametal7 - I
@JiveTurkey - 2
@mbenigni - 2
@joezlo - 1
@SKU - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1
@The Monorails - 1

**BANDMATE CHALLENGE ENTRY
@Iron1 - 2
@LiveeviL2000 - I
@FuzzyAce - I
@PLX - 3
@aldunk - 1
@megametal7 - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1

That's 75 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge! WAY TO GO!!!

Congrats to all who have participated already!

For all the rules, reasons why one day old Taco Bell is the wurst, why smoking things tied to a stick can be a real trip, why "RMA" are the worst letters in the alphabet, how to fumigate a Boomhauer bathroom and more, please refer to the Week One thread.

Last edited:

2wWstXM.jpg
Annnnnnnnnnddddd... we're back! Not sure what happened there, but it's likely due to the return of the best DJ in WTGF history:

Boomhauer!

Where did he go? Why hasn't he been around the last few weeks? What the #$#$ did he just say? The answers to these and more burning questions - no not that "burning", there's a cream for that - are just ahead! But first, a word from our sponsor!

LOG FOR GIRLS!!! Splinter removal kit sold separately.

8ffve4.jpg

But, Boomhauer - enquiring minds want to know. Where have you been? WTGF hired you as the drive DJ for the greatest radio station not actually on the radio and you disappeared.

View attachment 18573
After several minutes of introspection Boomhauer took a deep breath, shook his head slightly from side to side, then looked us right in the eye and said:

aliens-ancient-aliens.png

Wait, what? What do aliens have to do with this? Are you telling us you were kidnapped by aliens?

get-in-loser-butt-stuff-alien-abduction-meme-funny-mens-t-shirt.jpg

So, Boomhauer, you're telling us you were abducted by aliens? And.... and... and...
They did "butt stuff"?

8ffw5i.jpg

We're not sure we're following you here. And, no one wants to hear the sordid tail of
Bobby and the Lost Pinecone...

So, were you abducted by aliens or not?

8ffwil.jpg

What?

Dude...
8ffwpb.jpg

Ugh. This seems like it's going to a very bad place. So, Let's try to get this back on track.

Were you or were you not abducted by aliens?

8ffwrm.jpg

Did you get a good look at them? Can you tell our audience what they looked like?

This is GROUNDBREAKING!!

WTGF, the greatest radio station not actually on the radio
has a first hand,
actual account of an alien abduction
from one of our most famous employees!

Tell us Boomhauer, tell the entire world, all who are listening RIGHT NOW! Tell us, what did the aliens look like?

8ffwzt.jpg

8ffx3l.jpg

You got it on video? WOW! This is going to be a game changer! But wait, those "aliens" look really familiar...

8ffxe6.jpg

Let's get this straight: for the record,
you weren't actually kidnapped by aliens,
but you hung out with Cheech and Chong,
smoked illegal drugs, thought you all saw aliens - aliens with pinecones - while you were high,
ate food not fit for a dumpster fire,
then had a two week long bought of diarrhea?

8ffxky.jpg

:facepalm
Ladies and gentlemen, WTGF would like to issue a very public apology for wasting your time with the
"We have proof of aliens" story. It seems our new DJ was simply, well, HR says we're not allowed to talk
about this anymore, so let's move on.

Welcome to 2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week FIVE!

Here's the tally so far:

@PLX - 11
@Iron1 - 6
@LiveeviL2000 - 4
@Whizzinby - 5
@DrewJD82 - 3
@FuzzyAce - 6
@Alex Kenivel - 3
@Sleezy E - I
@T Gobbs - 15!!!
@Moondog Wily - 3
@TJontheRoad - 4
@aldunk - 5
@megametal7 - I
@JiveTurkey - 2
@mbenigni - 2
@joezlo - 1
@SKU - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1
@The Monorails - 1

**BANDMATE CHALLENGE ENTRY
@Iron1 - 2
@LiveeviL2000 - I
@FuzzyAce - I
@PLX - 3
@aldunk - 1
@megametal7 - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1

That's 75 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge! WAY TO GO!!!

Congrats to all who have participated already!

For all the rules, reasons why one day old Taco Bell is the wurst, why smoking things tied to a stick can be a real trip, why "RMA" are the worst letters in the alphabet, how to fumigate a Boomhauer bathroom and more, please refer to the Week One thread.

Epic recap. Just epic.

People Applause GIF by MOODMAN

btw @Iron1 . I'm at 7 now. I posted one late yesterday.

:sofa

btw @Iron1 . I'm at 7 now. I posted one late yesterday.
From DJ Boomhauer: Dang it anyhow Fuzzy, how many times I gotta tell you, if your gonna pine cone me at the last second, well dang it, give a guy some warnin'!

Epic job as usual Mr. Iron there can be only one! You deserve the Champion trophy on your time and efforts on these introductions alone!! Thanks for the Sunday morning laughs ;~))

From DJ Boomhauer: Dang it anyhow Fuzzy, how many times I gotta tell you, if your gonna pine cone me at the last second, well dang it, give a guy some warnin'!

Epic job as usual Mr. Iron there can be only one! You deserve the Champion trophy on your time and efforts on these introductions alone!! Thanks for the Sunday morning laughs ;~))
Something tells me someone is winning a pinecone this season…

Something very different for me.... Covers, which I never do, lol. But this was a sudden inspiration so I wrote a mashup with VH's "316" and Satch's "Tears in the Rain". I just went off of memory on both songs although I've known them for years. It took a minute to get them to work together but it was smoother than I expected. I used my red strat, Overloud TH-U plugin with rockman modules (sustainor + chorus), and the boss style delay and reverb in there. Post effects were with Ozone 10.

Man, did the threat of Bobby and the Lost Pinecone :alien: send everyone into the land of mellow, chill tunes? Don't get me wrong, all these entries are really, REALLY cool, but it seems like there's an unwritten theme this week for chill. :cool: Dig it!

Welcome to the challenge! Great first entry! Keep 'em coming!
Have you ever tried to slam dance with a turtleheadding pinecone? Is that not the entry required this week?

Back