First Annual Do Something December To Forget Challenge Thread!

Following in the vein of @riffy's "Make music with anything" thread, comes this (not a) masterpiece.

I picked up a cheap Jackson Kelly JS32 a few weeks ago, mainly just because I'd never played a Kelly and wanted something in the Explorer body shape world to play. Well, as it turns out this one is a Jackson factory second and had a big old crack from the neck pocket into the neck pickup cavity. After some dissection, just the right amount of CA glue and drying time, I was able to get it setup and playing way above it's price category... even more so as the seller is refunding my money since I had to put so much work into salvaging the guitar.

Once I had it in playing shape, I figured I'd see what happens when I just wing it...

So, aside from the Helix and $20 worth of drum loops, this song was essentially free to make...

Yes, you ARE getting your money's worth... since it's free. 🤣

queue reaction s GIF

:grin:grin

Following in the vein of @riffy's "Make music with anything" thread, comes this (not a) masterpiece.

I picked up a cheap Jackson Kelly JS32 a few weeks ago, mainly just because I'd never played a Kelly and wanted something in the Explorer body shape world to play. Well, as it turns out this one is a Jackson factory second and had a big old crack from the neck pocket into the neck pickup cavity. After some dissection, just the right amount of CA glue and drying time, I was able to get it setup and playing way above it's price category... even more so as the seller is refunding my money since I had to put so much work into salvaging the guitar.

Once I had it in playing shape, I figured I'd see what happens when I just wing it...

So, aside from the Helix and $20 worth of drum loops, this song was essentially free to make...

Yes, you ARE getting your money's worth... since it's free. 🤣

Good job Champion! There is a cost though, in this case, having the talent to put together something like this on such short notice!! Thanks for posting and keeping the challenge alive!!!

Back