First Annual Do Something December To Forget Challenge Thread!

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
With all the year end things. All. the. things. We figured it would be good to give folks a break from the weekly Do Something Grind of churning out musical awesomeness for all the rest of the forum posters who can't DO SOMETHING.

Which means:

Welcome to the First Annual Do Something December To Forget Challenge !

The rules are the same as the normal challenge, but everyone gets the entire month of December to submit. No weekly deadlines, just drop jams til the New Year's Eve ball drops... or your balls drop... wait, not sure that last part is sanctioned by the powers that be...

Anyway, let's wrap this post up before someone gets called into HR... again... 3rd time today, sheesh, stop being so sensitive...

And... GO!

1701614537935.gif

DO NOT CLICK HERE IF YOU ARE THE SENSITIVE TYPE! DO NOT CLICK HERE IF YOU THINK POLITICS SHOULD NOT BE TALKED ABOUT! DO NOT CLICK HERE IF YOUR UNDIES ARE IN A BUNDLE! DO NOT CLICK HERE IF YOU THINK ANY POLITICIAN IS EVER TRYING TO HELP YOU! DO NOT CLICK HERE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW ENTRY TO THE DECEMBER TO FORGET CHALLENGE - THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS IS! DO NOT CLICK HERE IF YOU LIKE PFIZER! DO NOT CLICK HERE IF YOU BELIEVE UNVACCINATED INDIVIDUALS ARE EVIL AND TRYING TO END MANKIND!

This is a piece that some crazy dude did in December of 2020! It talks about, among other things, Santa killing one of his elves for NOT wearing his mask! True story (or so I am told)!!!!! Set to the classic holiday tune "Jingle Bells" but appropriately titled "Jingle Hell"!

WARNING: Clicking through on this link and links it may lead you to could result in you being exposed to thoughts you may not agree with! If you would like to remain un-assaulted, DO NOT CLICK!!!!!!!! You could also be exposed to some (but not all) horribly produced material so proceed with caution!

Happy Holidays to everyone and best wishes in the December I Won't Remember Challenge!
[/ISPOILER]

We did this a couple Decembers ago. It took damn near the entire month. We did take a break to cram in another track that became a bonus track.. More on that later.. It may take you the entire December to listen to it :ROFLMAO:

This, is a three bowl track :popcorn

Enjoy

Bonus points if you make it thru :beer

Last edited:
We did this a couple Decembers ago. It took damn near the entire month. We did take a break to cram in another track that became a bonus track.. More on that later.. It may take you the entire December to listen to it :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy

Holy Shit !!!!
Duuuudddddde f’n awesome 💯
Vocals sound a little like Klaus Meine on steroids lol

Brought an old project out of retirement... or whatever.

I started this tune with a buddy a few years ago. I did all the instruments and he was supposed to do the vocals. After working on it for a few weeks he didn't like the parts he came up with (and neither did I, well, the chorus vox were cool tbh) so we scrapped it.

I open it from time to time and never get anywhere, until now. :banana

These are my first run scratch tracks on vocals and I think a few tweaks and it'll be there until I don't like it again

I started this tune with a buddy a few years ago. I did all the instruments and he was supposed to do the vocals. After working on it for a few weeks he didn't like the parts he came up with (and neither did I, well, the chorus vox were cool tbh) so we scrapped it.

These are my first run scratch tracks on vocals and I think a few tweaks and it'll be there until I don't like it again

Cool track Sleezy! You should definitely finish that one.
What You Know Snap GIF by 1 Play Sports

Enjoy

That literally is EPIC! Welcome to TGF @Axe - talk about coming in swinging. :rawk :rimshot:rawk

Killer as always, E. Except now I just picture this incredible 70s funk jam going on inside the Oscar Meyer Mobile. 🤣

That’s cool and something I’d groove to, while driving. And yeah, that’s a nice chorus for sure.

That is pure bad-assery! :chef :love
Thank you kind sir..
It did well enough that the Cohen estate reps (Sony) came sniffing around looking for someone to sue. We had the good sense to secure multiple licenses thru Harry Fox and we presented them. The only response was "you guys did a helluva job" ..

Last edited:
Back