Boss GM-800 and GK-5

Hey at least they actually released a Windows driver instead of expecting you to download one from Windows update on a machine configured to block windows updates.

Oh and the installer looks like a great Adobe Air via Windows XP package. Way to stay current!

I'm just bitching till I get a pickup or the converter in hand :nails:hmm:rofl

You need a flash drive to update this? Fucking Boss.

Gag Throw Up GIF by Anime Crimes Division

To be honest, after trying out so many sounds it comes with and all these 130 zenology sound packs, I'm not sure I'd miss programming anything haha. I mean with all of these sounds, I can find something I'm usually looking for or layer up to 4 different sounds and you'll get something you like.

I'm having fun just with these sound packs in just one part. I've gotten like 110 done out of the 130 sound packs available, so should be done with building those and having them all on my thumb drive by tomorrow or so!

My biggest curiosity is switching and scenes methodologies.
I'm finding there is a lot of sounds using a single or pair of the sounds so you can toggle parts on and off and get multiple 'presets' in a single scene. whether you toggle with the on board switches or a third party stomp device is your own path.
I auditioned 4 of the sound packs following Brockstars instructions and harvested about 15 that are now in my user folder. Not too difficult to do. I don't know that I haver the discipline he does to go through all of it but I'll probably go back for more soon.

If the Benedetto Editor can manipulate all the deep parameters that the Zencore Synth engine has under the hood I could see exploring that to get new sounds more beneficial for me because I'll learn what happens when you start tweaking all those synths things I currently don't understand.

Like why is it Resonance seems to be really powerful but sometimes not....Cutoff frequency is my uneducated guess but the more great sounds I hear the more I feel a need to understand this new world. Just messing around it finally dawned on me how people make music just twisting knobs. They are playing by ear instead of using keyboard 'patterns' BUT you need to know which knob does what to pitch etc.

Geez, finally got done transferring all 130 sound packs from zenology pro to my desktop and onto my USB memory stick for the gm-800... That is a lot of work lol. Next thing I'll work on is PRST A through L, but those will take a long time as each one of those have several hundreds or even thousand and some presets in each pack.

Each part has a level control which is shown on the main screen that goes from 0 to 127
However there is a MASTER LEVEL for the whole scene. Hit menu, then scene edit, then master and you'll find it in there.
Thanks. Lots to tweak and unpack on this. Using the GK3 and converter for now. More thoughts to come when I can tweak a bit more.

My local shop got the gk-5 pickup in :D

So i'll be exchanging my gkc-ad converter in for a gkc-da converter and getting another serial cable and the gk-5, this way i can hook my gm-800 up with my sy-1000.

Ok got the gk-5 on guitar, and gkc-da converter up and running and now got the gm-800 into send / return of my sy-1000, and the sy-1000 main outs into my line 6 helix fx loop... I must say tracking is much better on gk-5 than the gk-2a I had. I mean I had very little issues with gk-2a with gm-800, but I can't seem to make a blurp or glitch on the gm-800 now with the new gk-5. Here's also something cool which I have to experiment with more, but I believe the gk-5 pickup is working better for the OSC synth in the sy-1000. I feel like it makes it track better!

Ok got the gk-5 on guitar, and gkc-da converter up and running and now got the gm-800 into send / return of my sy-1000, and the sy-1000 main outs into my line 6 helix fx loop... I must say tracking is much better on gk-5 than the gk-2a I had. I mean I had very little issues with gk-2a with gm-800, but I can't seem to make a blurp or glitch on the gm-800 now with the new gk-5. Here's also something cool which I have to experiment with more, but I believe the gk-5 pickup is working better for the OSC synth in the sy-1000. I feel like it makes it track better!
Do you have a GK3? If so; how does the 5 compare?

Back