Boss GM-800 and GK-5

Hope my local dealer gets my stuff today and lets me know ugh... Been on freight truck for 10 days, should be here by now!

"We'll, I have good news & bad news... the good news is that we just received a few of the GM-800 pedals, so we have yours set aside for you. The bad news is the GK-5 pickup (required for operation) is backordered, and I do not have a solid ETA at this time. So it may be at least another month or so... we'll keep you posted."

alabama football nationalchampionship GIF by Twitter

I'll take a converter and cable for that pickup or I'll go ahead and do a refund.

"We'll, I have good news & bad news... the good news is that we just received a few of the GM-800 pedals, so we have yours set aside for you. The bad news is the GK-5 pickup (required for operation) is backordered, and I do not have a solid ETA at this time. So it may be at least another month or so... we'll keep you posted."

alabama football nationalchampionship GIF by Twitter

I'll take a converter and cable for that pickup or I'll go ahead and do a refund.

I figured it would be the pickup slowing down the bundle shipping. (Why would anyone possibly need both, lol) Damn.

My local dealer just messaged me back and said the new gk-5 bass pickup showed up via UPS this morning at his shop but his normal deliveries come from fedex in the afternoon. So hoping my stuff comes in fedex today!

So how’s the latency on this, actually? Some smug prick at TGP still says the FTP is faster than the GP-10/SY/GR-55, which while true doesn’t take into account that the FTP is a glitch-fest unless your playing is labcoat clean.

So how’s the latency on this, actually? Some smug prick at TGP still says the FTP is faster than the GP-10/SY/GR-55, which while true doesn’t take into account that the FTP is a glitch-fest unless your playing is labcoat clean.
That is the question....despite all the promising videos, I'm concerned again after reading those same discussions.

The latencies mentioned seem "musically significant", to coin a phrase. :bag

Now I'm back to fence-sitting, almost hoping mine doesn't ship for awhile so I can wait for some sort of consensus on this....

FTP does track slightly better IMO. But not enough to compensate for the spotty wireless connection.

That is the question....despite all the promising videos, I'm concerned again after reading those same discussions.

The latencies mentioned seem "musically significant", to coin a phrase. :bag

Now I'm back to fence-sitting, almost hoping mine doesn't ship for awhile so I can wait for some sort of consensus on this....
If it's as good or better than the GR-55, I'm fine. @2112 what did you think? Not sure if you've used the previous stuff, but you'd be a good one to ask how it felt.

I hate this waiting game. Boss should really get their crap together before announcing stuff in the future. This pre-order crap is getting old. Announcing the dang thing when you have plenty of stock to ship out for people to buy would be much better. I'm not doing it again. I'll wait until stores have the stuff. Heck if i waited I could have one now since it seems a lot of people getting them from shops already but my stuff is stuck on some truck somewhere that no one knows.... Sighs.

Lol! Perfect!

Because some have gotten them already... Probably someone that played it for one day and decided they don't like.
True, but why not just return it for a refund. The places I buy from have a thirty day window. It’s only been two weeks.

Back