Boss GM-800 and GK-5

Here's what I'm thinking...

Keyboard players are rare, but you could throw a cat and hit 5 guitarists. With something like this, and some work, you could put yourself in demand for possibly finding an established band iso a keyboardist.

Why didn't he just measure it? That's as easy as it gets.
LOL! I thought the same thing. When I saw the computer, I thought he was going to do exactly that. It’s too hard I tell without playing it ourselves. Also, was the comparison against an internal piano patch against direct guitar, or was the piano sound a plug-in in the computer triggered via USB? No mention. This test is worthless if we have to guess.

LOL! I thought the same thing. When I saw the computer, I thought he was going to do exactly that. It’s too hard I tell without playing it ourselves. Also, was the comparison against an internal piano patch against direct guitar, or was the piano sound a plug-in in the computer triggered via USB? No mention. This test is worthless if we have to guess.

Yeah, also, the guitar sound is distorted, pretty hard to tell the actual attacks.

TGF:
Futurama Fry GIF

Forgot i had midi guitar 2 program on computer, so loaded up zenology pro plug-in in it and been having fun with it on my guitar instead of my midi controller in my DAW. The sounds inside zenology pro and expansion packs and the fx and the stuff you can edit and transfer to the gm-800 etc... This is so much better all around and more powerful than the GR-55 when it comes to synth stuff. I've had the gr-55 like 3 times so I should know haha.

Last edited:
Forgot i had midi guitar 2 program on computer, so loaded up zenology pro plug-in in it and been having fun with it on my guitar instead of my midi controller in my DAW. The sounds inside zenology pro and expansion packs and the fx and the stuff you can edit and transfer to the gm-800 etc... This is so much better all around and more powerful than the GR-55 when it comes to synth stuff. I've had the gr-55 like 3 times so I should know haha.
I’ve been thinking about trying that with Fishman Triple Play as the controller. Do you think it is worth the trouble? I haven’t gone to get the zenology plug in yet, was thinking I might hold of until the GM800 was here to see if it comes with enough sounds to start with but who knows when that will be now.

I’ve been thinking about trying that with Fishman Triple Play as the controller. Do you think it is worth the trouble? I haven’t gone to get the zenology plug in yet, was thinking I might hold of until the GM800 was here to see if it comes with enough sounds to start with but who knows when that will be now.

I think you should, it's helping me get over the frustration of waiting on my gm-800 and pick up and stuff too haha.

I just found tracking for my GM800 order from Sweetwater. I’m pretty sure it hasn’t left there yet, just fed ex number assigned etc . Ordered 7/20/2023.
I haven’t received the email alerting me it shipped yet, I went on the site to check my order, so probably just got in the system late today.
No tracking for the GK5 and serial cable which I ordered later that day when I realized it wasn’t included.

I just found tracking for my GM800 order from Sweetwater. I’m pretty sure it hasn’t left there yet, just fed ex number assigned etc . Ordered 7/20/2023.
I haven’t received the email alerting me it shipped yet, I went on the site to check my order, so probably just got in the system late today.
No tracking for the GK5 and serial cable which I ordered later that day when I realized it wasn’t included.

Did you order just the main unit or the bundle? My bundle is still staying “Waiting for items”.

Back