Anybody else getting sick of modellers?

Cool story. Not sure the Boeing reference and "quality" ages well though. :LOL:
Ain't that the truth lol

My old man had some stories about Boeing.
Said they used to put speed in the coffee on the graveyard shift. He used to laugh about the fact that every other guy on his team was on hard drugs...gotta love the 80's

Last edited:
Chat GPT-4 says.....

90p61f.jpg

Take your trolling elsewhere
Gaslighting is manipulating someone into questioning heir own sanity.
It doesn't work with a narcissist; however, you can definitely trigger them by pointing out that they're out of line, which comes off as gaslighting to them because their brains aren't wired the same as yours or mine. They're so confident that they're not being weird that telling them that they're being weird feels like an attempt to gaslight them in their reality.......Narcs are a trip

Last edited:
Didn't read 8 pages. But mainly, sick of wasting time with arbitrary fiddling that feels important but isn't important in the context of actually performing. All the parameters and IRs in the world don't actually make me a better live player, but practicing more does! Using simpler gear / real amps helps me to just stop tweaking and play. Depends on what fx and such you normally use I guess

/Thread has reached Peak Doi

Not yet. May I try to rise it to a new height? :rofl

I FEEL MUY MACHO AFTER PLAYING LAST NIGHT WITH A REAL-HOMBRE AMPLIFIER!!! With a 10Kg authentic Les Paul, and no nerd pedals :clint
Flexing Brian Cage GIF by AEWonTV
A Man GIF by DrSquatch

Queer gear makes me sick
Danny Devito No GIF by reactionseditor

Last edited:
Late to the thread (8 pages in 1 day? Wow!)

Yep, got sick of modellers. Kept modellers. Bought amps. Got sick of amps. Sold amps.

Got over it. Still love modellers.

I can 100% understand this feeling.

Playing too much with headphones (with backing tracks even worse) is like always rubbing your disco stick, but you ever get to use it with your prefered sex. You get weird thoughts.

You NEED both: Modellers and real amps. And pedals. Many pedals.

Late to the thread (8 pages in 1 day? Wow!)

Yep, got sick of modellers. Kept modellers. Bought amps. Got sick of amps. Sold amps.

Got over it. Still love modellers.

I can 100% understand this feeling.

Playing too much with headphones (with backing tracks even worse) is like always rubbing your disco stick, but you ever get to use it with your prefered sex. You get weird thoughts.

You NEED both: Modellers and real amps. And pedals. Many pedals.
This here is one that understands!!!

Back