Simple QC Board and My Less Simple FM9 Board

Yeah. We get caught up in which is better but I think when you get to this level of quality it's really just down to use-cases, priorities, and personal preferences.
Im not sure here were like that, we understand and respect others choices Better is very Personal and varies amongst many here, sure we make fun of brands and rag on them but its usually always in good fun
Better is what works for each of us

:beer

If you can swing it, just keep both. If you are already having FOMO while it's still in your hands, imagine how you'll feel when it's gone.

Do you have plans for the $$$ already?
This is where I'm at with my FM3. But the problem (ahem, "problem") isn't whether I can afford to keep both (they're already paid for); it's whether I can find the time to properly appreciate both.

That's one thing in the QC's favor: when you only have a few minutes to power up and get to work, it always feels like the path of least resistance. My guitar time is 99% practice, which entails lots of building and rebuilding presets to learn new songs, so this is always an important consideration. Whereas I turn on the FM3 and it sounds amazing, but then I decide to change something/ anything and... what is it @Whizzinby says? "Enter shuntman"? :rofl

This is where I'm at with my FM3. But the problem (ahem, "problem") isn't whether I can afford to keep both (they're already paid for); it's whether I can find the time to properly appreciate both.

That's one thing in the QC's favor: when you only have a few minutes to power up and get to work, it always feels like the path of least resistance. My guitar time is 99% practice, which entails lots of building and rebuilding presets to learn new songs, so this is always an important consideration. Whereas I turn on the FM3 and it sounds amazing, but then I decide to change something/ anything and... what is it @Whizzinby says? "Enter shuntman"? :rofl

giphy.gif

By now you should surely have a couple presets on lock though, right? :ROFLMAO:

Definitely! I guess with Deadpool, I know he is very much into the Fractal Ecosystem. I think he can absolutely balance both and would miss the FM9 if it was gone. But what do I know 🤣

Fractal is awesome. I'm definitely struggling with the thought of selling my FM9. The damn thing is awesome. They both are. The QC just has a few aspects that fit me a little better right now.
I am a wee bit in the same boat with my Kemper.
100% the QC is a better fit for me atm…but some things I like better on the kpa. It’s the “afraid to miss out syndrom”…same reason you go to the pub when you really don’t feel like it ;)
What if I need X I like better…what of they come with update Y…what if I need a back up. The logical answer is: If that’s the case…you buy it back for half the price you can sell it today you silly!!

Kemper has been a great companion for almost a decade…still love how it sounds…what it gets me on the used market changes nothing but 3 digits on my bank account. On the other hand…Im curious about an H90…and I don’t buy one cause I feel my amount of gear is already silly…and I don’t need one….but put on the spot…I’d choose the h90 over the kpa atm.

I have (in order of acquisition) a Digitech GSP1101, a Kemper Power Rack, a GT-1000 (the original one), a Helix floor, an HX Effects, and all three of the current generation Fractal units. And yes, I am single with no kids.
I’d go burned out even switching all of those on…let alone maintaining a set of sounds I like.
Doesn’t it bother you that you are turning knobs on so many devices?

I really like what you did with your QC Board. Nice, clean, and compact.

The FM9 though, I would totally scrap everything on that save for the expression pedal. I never liked mounting the FM9 on a board. Just made it too large and cumbersome.

Grab a second Shure receiver and use that. You can then use the same transmitter with both. Just set it for whatever unit you are using.

Back