Simple QC Board and My Less Simple FM9 Board

Here’s a sweet little QC + HX1 setup I had going, earlier this year. The QC’s size and sleekness lends itself well to this sort of thing.

(Howvever, the backstory here is that getting the HX1 led me back to a full-size Helix; for 4cm it’s been the best for me out of all of them, including FM9.)

IMG_5248_Original.jpeg

QC MIDI isn't awesome...I could see using Helix over that if you need some of that functionality. Honestly I was looking at some used Helix Floors over the past week but I've already gone down that path a few times. If I had a tube amp I loved, maybe...but I like modeler over tube amp honestly.

You're welcome Ian! Dude it really is. This downsizing has me making decisions I didn't think I'd make. I love that board and thought I'd have it for years. Same with the FM9, but here we are. I will still have one eye focused on Fractal Gen IV though. I ❤️ the folks at Fractal.

I'm really starting to feel the downsizing myself! Not just modelers but pedals and guitars too. I really think I'd feel more at peace with less clutter and stuff around me.

I'm really starting to feel the downsizing myself! Not just modelers but pedals and guitars too. I really think I'd feel more at peace with less clutter and stuff around me.
Looking at the used market…your not alone ;)
I’m also in the “I want less stuff modus”.
Sold all my Kemper attributes (kone, controller, camplifier)…not sure about the toaster though…I’m lucky if I get 700,- for it (lots of them for sale in my country)…and it has been such a great device for me for years..and it still sounds great…but it only gets used when my main stuff is in the hall after a gig ;)..once a month..

Looking at the used market…your not alone ;)
I’m also in the “I want less stuff modus”.
Sold all my Kemper attributes (kone, controller, camplifier)…not sure about the toaster though…I’m lucky if I get 700,- for it (lots of them for sale in my country)…and it has been such a great device for year…and it still sounds great…but it only gets used when my main stuff is in the hall after a gig ;)..once a month..

Hear ya on the Kemper...I took a bath on mine on a trade in earlier this year but at least got it out of the house. I think I got $600 for the toaster and FC maybe. Nice thing with digital stuff is it's moderately easy to ship. Not looking forward to selling guitars and other stuff as much.

Kinda with the Kemper Player was cheaper, if it was $500 new and $400 used it'd be a fun toy to pick up, but for $700 new not so much. Basically used exactly how you describe.

Hear ya on the Kemper...I took a bath on mine on a trade in earlier this year but at least got it out of the house. I think I got $600 for the toaster and FC maybe. Nice thing with digital stuff is it's moderately easy to ship. Not looking forward to selling guitars and other stuff as much.

Kinda with the Kemper Player was cheaper, if it was $500 new and $400 used it'd be a fun toy to pick up, but for $700 new not so much. Basically used exactly how you describeI got too many guitars…but I sold what I I’m comfortable with. Next on the list would be a mij strat I’ve owned for 35 years…or an es 175 that’s been with me for 30 years….Im too melancholic for that ;)

I have too many guitars for sure…but I sold what I’m comfortable with, (Yamaha 2200, Ibanez GB30, not too shabby stuff). Next up would be a mij strat or an es 175 I both owned for more then 3 decades…I’m too melancholic for that ;)…maybe my Levinson blade strat, backup for my Arena tour that will never happen ;)

The player…maaaaaaybe if they unlock all the efx..,else…nty. If I buy something digital it would be an H90…,cause that may bring some exotic stuff that inspires. That will probably happen..,but I’m delaying it cause else there’s nothing left to look forward to gearwise. I will own a fender dr someday…just cause it’s a classic I want to experience. First sell 2 other amps…no rush.

Exactly! I'm downsizing into a smaller place and busting my tail to get rid of as much "stuff" as possible.

I have too many guitars for sure…but I sold what I’m comfortable with, (Yamaha 2200, Ibanez GB30, not too shabby stuff). Next up would be a mij strat or an es 175 I both owned for more then 3 decades…I’m too melancholic for that ;)…maybe my Levinson blade strat, backup for my Arena tour that will never happen ;)

The player…maaaaaaybe if they unlock all the efx..,else…nty. If I buy something digital it would be an H90…,cause that may bring some exotic stuff that inspires. That will probably happen..,but I’m delaying it cause else there’s nothing left to look forward to gearwise. I will own a fender dr someday…just cause it’s a classic I want to experience. First sell 2 other amps…no rush.

Seems like there’s a place for a little desktop unit that has a lot of power and can slide into a pedalboard too. It would have been cool to see Kemper dip toes into modern UI here although I guess they are doing that with Bluetooth iPad integration. That actually worked really well for me with Kemper, better than the stupid buggy computer software.

Back