Anybody else getting sick of modellers?

The really crappy thing about physical gear is that you listen to the sound clips and read all the hype, then purchase, and when you get it set up and it just doesn't sound good with your rig. So you spend a bunch of time trying to get it to fit in and sometimes convince yourself it's pretty decent, and then it goes into the closet.

I'm cleaning out my home office now and putting everything on the shelf except for the Quad Cortex, the Amped 1, and the Orange 1x12. Just gotta force myself to keep it simple.

53934264483_c1b985529f_b.jpg
Uhh…your short 1 speaker ;)

Kidding (but not 100%)

Anyway..,,I’ve kept my pedals in the drawer ever since I captured them…sober for 90 days now..

That switching between functionality is prob a bit costly…in my mind you’d have to control some resistance thingy that stays where it’s at when you switch to another function.

Well, for me it'd be fine if the non used half would stay all the way opened, so volume would be at 100% once the wah is engaged and vice versa. It's like that with standard wah/vol arrangements in whatever modelers, too.

Anyway….are the LEDs visible enough to add value?

Probably. But as they're on the left side, they're kinda hidden (pedal is on the right of the other stuff). But I never look at them anyway. However, there's just 4 LEDs, so that might not be fine enough.

The travel on those tiny pedals isn’t much reference either..

That's something I really love with the Hotone. For my taste, the travel range is perfect. Pretty large range but not as much as on, say, an Ernie Ball volume pedal. I actually had problems using my 535 Cry Baby because the travel range was sooo tiny in comparison. I almost hated it - and I used that one for decades.
Could possibly serve as a nice visual indicator, too.

Late to the thread (8 pages in 1 day? Wow!)

Yep, got sick of modellers. Kept modellers. Bought amps. Got sick of amps. Sold amps.

Got over it. Still love modellers.

I can 100% understand this feeling.

Playing too much with headphones (with backing tracks even worse) is like always rubbing your disco stick, but you ever get to use it with your prefered sex. You get weird thoughts.

You NEED both: Modellers and real amps. And pedals. Many pedals.
I’m not 100% sure what you said but I agree. :beer

Cygnus was a step up to my ears and hands. Otherwise, it is possible to get great sounds out of all of them. I have Fractal, Helix, Tonex, Tonemaster, Boss and I dig them all for what they are. But I still find that there are times when an amp and pedals fits the venue or situation better. Still, I prefer the flexibility of my FM3 or Boss GX-100 setups for stage when it makes sense. I also have a pretty cool Tonex board that I use at home for practice and recording while my Friedman and Fender amps sit there looking at me. :wat

Convenience and versatility are the primary values derived from modeling in my world.

Showing up to a club with my entire pedal chain and several amps packed into a backpack is just really damn convenient.

Maybe the clubs monitoring sucks, well, I can drop in ears right down to Helix and that problem is solved as well.

maybe I want to feel the amp moving air, cool, either drop my RCF HD10 behind me OR I can bring an amp and use the Helix to cover fx, switching, tuner, and snapshot changes.

In a perfect world I still prefer a loud tube rig tailored to whatever I’m playing, but this isn’t a perfect world and modeling gives me escape hatches when things go sideways.

Im so sick I wanna buy an fm9 and my sickness tells me it will be even a little noticeable difference for our low iq cave man stuff hahaha

Back