Any horror fans here?

Speaking of Kevin Bacon; finally watched Smile last night. Which stars his daughter, among others. If you are a fan of early 00's J horror remakes (the good ones); you will dig this quite a bit. It has certainly a smattering of newer A24 stylistic sensibilities.
Ooh - interesting. I don’t remember hearing about that one - I’ll have to go look it up.

Antler's bored the shit out of me, which was a bummer because I was expecting to like it.

I watched as above so below like 6 years ago, but I liked it a lot at the time, despite it being found footage style.

I'm also at the point where I'm browsing around for horror to watch and all that's left seems -really- shitty. Been watching cabinet of curiosities. Every episode is like good, but also a bit boring so IDK

Just watched Barbarian. I liked it a lot. It was different enough to be interesting. Good story (nice how they wove the different characters‘ storylines into it), good thrills. Could’ve used a few more jump scares. But enjoyed it nonetheless.

Speaking of Kevin Bacon; finally watched Smile last night. Which stars his daughter, among others. If you are a fan of early 00's J horror remakes (the good ones); you will dig this quite a bit. It has certainly a smattering of newer A24 stylistic sensibilities.
Finally watched SMILE last night. Did not disappoint. It was really good!! Wife and I both really enjoyed it! And I haven’t seen Bacon’s daughter before - I thought she was great.

I love all things horror movies. Sci-fi, slasher, supernatural, comedy, b movie, classics, monsters etc.

We’re out camping in the pop-up for thanksgiving and had downloaded a Bigfoot movie called ‘Big Legend’ to watch last night. Afterwards when I was outside the camper cleaning some stuff up, I growled, undid the side flap and reached in and grabbed the wife’s head while she was laying in bed. She rewarded me today with a Bigfoot t shirt! :LOL:

Edit: Added shirt pic!
182AD410-4EEA-4AB9-A0B4-3CF3E130871C.jpeg

Last edited:
I love horror. Cannon, Empire, Full Moon, Troma, etc. have produced some great stuff. I am mostly a fan of slashers and zombie films, but also enjoy some of what the other subgenres have to offer. I recently saw Terrifier 2 after waiting a few years for it, enjoying it immensely. A few complaints, but they are minor. Certainly lightyears better than that Halloween Ends horse shit. Fuck Michael Myers. Halloween 3 over the rest of that series.

Currently subbed to Shudder, Full Moon Features, and Screambox.

Watched the first two episodes of the Cabinet of Curiosities anthology on Netflix. I want to like it, but the main protagonists have been insufferable in the first two episodes. I was rooting on their demise by the end. They also feel a little rushed to wrap up. Each could have been 10-15 minutes longer, but then again considering how painful the characters have been I might have bailed. I’ll try to plug through a couple more of them though.

Hereditary is cool. Mainly because of Toni Collette. The whole wave of A24 films have brought good things to the horror genre; but it's also brought a little too much introspection and intellect to a genre I, a lot of times; prefer to be dumb as a box of rocks and just do what it says on the tin. There is room for both extremes, certainly; but I am fairly tired of "slow burn" being an accurate descriptor for modern horror.

Watched the first two episodes of the Cabinet of Curiosities anthology on Netflix. I want to like it, but the main protagonists have been insufferable in the first two episodes. I was rooting on their demise by the end. They also feel a little rushed to wrap up. Each could have been 10-15 minutes longer, but then again considering how painful the characters have been I might have bailed. I’ll try to plug through a couple more of them though.
I’ve been meaning to watch that just haven’t had the time. You don’t leave me excited to try it.

Hereditary is cool. Mainly because of Toni Collette. The whole wave of A24 films have brought good things to the horror genre; but it's also brought a little too much introspection and intellect to a genre I, a lot of times; prefer to be dumb as a box of rocks and just do what it says on the tin. There is room for both extremes, certainly; but I am fairly tired of "slow burn" being an accurate descriptor for modern horror.

I had to google A24… Midsommar came up, I recommended that to someone once that was into trippy/weird horror (or so they said). They watched it, and have never really looked at me the same since then. Now I usually just keep it to myself that I liked that movie lol.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen it, but I didn’t really think of hereditary as a slow burn. It could have gotten started a little faster maybe, but I kinda like that deliberately slow setup followed by the second act that ramps it up in some unexpected ways and the third act that goes completely off the rails.

I’m not usually a fan of dumb as a box of rocks horror (or anything but maybe comedy) though, so we just might like different things.

D

Back