Any horror fans here?

Followed by Human Centipede as a palate cleanser!

My wife actually threw up watching Martyrs , went into another room, and still wanted me to turn it down as she couldn’t stomach even hearing it. :rofl

I gave that movie as a gag gift to friends one Xmas. A week later generally met with “You sick fuck”.

Good reminder to give it another go, haven’t watched it in probably 5 years. :popcorn

American Horror Story is so trashy and cringe. and I watch every second of it :rofl
Yeah, lots of "why the hell do I like this show so much" moments.

I got hooked - years after it had started airing - because I was sick in bed, and randomly pulled up S1E1, and the opening credits (and sound design) were the most genuinely creepy thing I'd seen committed to film since... well maybe ever. I was just like, "This show is not pulling any punches; I'm in." It's kind of weird that, from there, it's run the full gamut up to and including bickering teenage witches, etc. But I still count myself as a fan.

So you know about the thing at the very end and that the end isn't actually the end :D

giphy.gif

Damn, I need to give American Horror Story a go. Always just assumed it wasn’t any good. lol

Can we agree that the RZ Halloween (1) remake is one of the worst things to ever happen to horror? And, conversely; the Hills Have Eyes remake is absolutely fantastic in every way and superior to the original?

I LOVE foreign horror(ish). The Host, I Saw the Devil, The Wailing, Oldboy. Ju-on, The Ring. I also like the first Grudge and Ring US remakes :bag The thing about horror for me is I'll take entertaining and scary over elevated and high brow for the sake of being perceived as intellectual 7 days a week.

Can we agree that the RZ Halloween (1) remake is one of the worst things to ever happen to horror? And, conversely; the Hills Have Eyes remake is absolutely fantastic in every way and superior to the original?

I haven’t watch the Hills Have Eyes remake, otherwise the only RZ film I partially liked was The Devils Rejects, which gets bonus points for this rolling at the credits:

I haven’t watch the Hills Have Eyes remake, otherwise the only RZ film I partially liked was The Devils Rejects, which gets bonus points for this rolling at the credits:

The Hills remake was by Alexander Aja. Another Frenchman. KILLER, brutal movie. Slasher excellence. Devil's Rejects was good the first time or two but I don't feel like it has much replay value for me anymore. For whatever reason. His Halloween II had some cool spots and I appreciate some the artistic choices, whether the movie was good or not. I actually thought Lords of Salem was not perfect but a surprisingly enjoyable slow burn flick.

The Hills remake was by Alexander Aja. Another Frenchman. KILLER, brutal movie. Slasher excellence. Devil's Rejects was good the first time or two but I don't feel like it has much replay value for me anymore. For whatever reason. His Halloween II had some cool spots and I appreciate some the artistic choices, whether the movie was good or not. I actually thought Lords of Salem was not perfect but a surprisingly enjoyable slow burn flick.

Yeah I will admit the Devils Rejects made me feel like I was in the back of my folks station wagon at the drive in back in the 70's. We weren't supposed to be watching but we were..

I LOVE foreign horror(ish). The Host, I Saw the Devil, The Wailing, Oldboy. Ju-on, The Ring. I also like the first Grudge and Ring US remakes :bag The thing about horror for me is I'll take entertaining and scary over elevated and high brow for the sake of being perceived as intellectual 7 days a week.
I did like all those US remakes, and that’s usually what gets me to check out the originals. The Grudge and Ring were great. Also liked the Devils Rejects and Hills.

Back