Any horror fans here?

:rofl
FB_IMG_1665354554391.jpg

New Halloween is getting atrocious press. Will be watching and probably finding myself in the rant sub afterwards :hmm :oops:

Finally got around to watching the new Hellraiser. Pretty good! It was entertaining and worth a watch.

Does anybody like supernatural/ghost stuff? If so - check out The Pantry Ghost Documentary. Short 45-min doc on Amazon Prime…

Deadstream on Shudder. Ticks a lot of the "things I hate about horror" boxes but actually was really good. Dude getting back on his feet with his streaming channel after being demonetized for a long stretch decides to go do a one night haunted house challenge. All found footage, livestream style. Obviously. Really it hinged on the live streamers performance/personality. And he nailed it. Lots of excellent humor as well as a one man Evil Dead vibe. Very pleasantly surprised by this one.

I couldn't make it through the first Terrifier when it came out. The cheese was a bit smelly for me :)

Last night we watch Silent Hill Revelation and was thinking this is how the new Hell Raiser should have been done. Even though it was light on the story the directing was great for me.

What is stupid is I had to ACTIVELY search for horror I hadn't seen last night to find something scary to watch. I think I have overloaded myself over the years :rofl You end up watching Halloween II or the Thing for the bazillionth time. Which is fine; but it would be nice to catch something I haven't actively watched for decades.

Have you checked out Antlers? Or Barbarian? Or You Should Have Left? Or As Above, So Below?
Decent, Great, looks like not a good Kevin Bacon film (?) and yes but wasn't super enthralled with it? Really the things I have left are all like super extreme films (Human Centipede, Serbian Film, etc etc) and I don't do that level of shock for the sake of shock. There are a bazillion low budget films out there but I have seen all the good ones. To my knowledge at least?

Decent, Great, looks like not a good Kevin Bacon film (?) and yes but wasn't super enthralled with it? Really the things I have left are all like super extreme films (Human Centipede, Serbian Film, etc etc) and I don't do that level of shock for the sake of shock. There are a bazillion low budget films out there but I have seen all the good ones. To my knowledge at least?
Good to hear. We just watched Antlers, and it was decent - thought it was going to be cheesier than it was, so that was nice. Barbarian is on our list - haven’t seen it yet. The Kevin Bacon film was pretty decent. I like watching him, so maybe I’m a bit biased, but it’s worth a watch if you are needing more on the list. And As Above, So Below looks like it has some good jump scares and stuff, but haven’t seen it yet.

Good to hear. We just watched Antlers, and it was decent - thought it was going to be cheesier than it was, so that was nice. Barbarian is on our list - haven’t seen it yet. The Kevin Bacon film was pretty decent. I like watching him, so maybe I’m a bit biased, but it’s worth a watch if you are needing more on the list. And As Above, So Below looks like it has some good jump scares and stuff, but haven’t seen it yet.
I like Kevin Bacon. The last horror flick I watched with him was They/Them. It could have been a GREAT opportunity to do some elevated horror with a killer sense of humor. It wasn't :wat

Speaking of Kevin Bacon; finally watched Smile last night. Which stars his daughter, among others. If you are a fan of early 00's J horror remakes (the good ones); you will dig this quite a bit. It has certainly a smattering of newer A24 stylistic sensibilities.

Back