Any horror fans here?

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I don't go too deep but I love horror of mostly any kind. Movies, shows, bands, collectibles etc etc. Hard to pick a favorite sub-genre for me but if you held a gun to my head I'd blurt out GORE!

Oh. My. God. YES.

I'll take it. I love pretty much every subgenre. I DON'T do extreme subjects for the sake of extreme and I am weary of the new "hey let's tweet and then go to a rave! oh look we're dead!" trend of Hulu Horror. I am also a bit burnt on every piece of horror needing to be Elevated™

Sometimes raw and dumb gets the job done :satan

I like horror, it seems like it has a pretty disproportional amount of garbage compared to other genres but in some ways the type of garbage is far more watchable than other movie genres garbage

Absolutely. I can sit through Monsturd 10 times before I watch something involving the Twilight franchise.

OMG talk about an overused plot. Holy $hit! I cant do it either btw.
So through the years there have been teenager-related tropes in horror. And I get it 100%. But the new Blumhouse "Let's Go To Fantasy Island where a social media mogul is secretly picking off 19 year olds one by one while they livestream it!" is my latest least favorite teenager-related trope. Probably because I am old AF.

Nope, I‘m 45 years old and still crap my pants when movie scenes get creepy. It‘s embarrassing. :bag

You definitely don’t want to watch this then…

MV5BYTY0NTZlZjYtNWRmZi00MGRjLTk4ZDctMjE4NjBiZTUyNGNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

I have a sort of theoretical love of the genre, in spite of the fact that most of it is B-movie dreck. (Same said for most of the "literature". Hello, Steven King!)

I'm a huge American Horror Story fan, though very little of the show comprises "horror" per se; it's mostly about cleverly integrating various plotlines with pop culture (often, not always, horror) references and current or historical events. The "scariest" part of the show was always the opening credits, IMO. :eek:

I have a sort of theoretical love of the genre, in spite of the fact that most of it is B-movie dreck. (Same said for most of the "literature". Hello Steven King!)

I'm a huge American Horror Story fan, though very little of the show comprises "horror" per se; it's mostly about cleverly integrating various plotlines with pop culture (often, not always, horror) references and current events. The "scariest" part of the show was always the opening credits, IMO. :eek:
That show is so OTT at the wrong moments. Always. I still end up watching it. Every. Year. :oops:

That show is so OTT at the wrong moments. Always. I still end up watching it. Every. Year. :oops:
All seasons are not created equal, that's for sure. The last one or two were pretty disappointing for me. It's been a while, so I can't speak to this in much detail, but if I recall correctly, they changed up the cast pretty (wait for it) dramatically, and I found myself missing a lot of the old actors.

But I love the way each season (well, most of them) weaves multiple plot lines in with overarching themes that span the series as a whole. Even when it's being ridiculous (often), it's smart stuff.

All seasons are not created equal, that's for sure. The last one or two were pretty disappointing for me. It's been a while, so I can't speak to this in much detail, but if I recall correctly, they changed up the cast pretty (wait for it) dramatically, and I found myself missing a lot of the old actors.

But I love the way each season (well, most of them) weaves multiple plot lines in with overarching themes that span the series as a whole. Even when it's being ridiculous (often), it's smart stuff.
Absolutely. The early seasons were excellent imo. Great reason for the kids to hit the bed before 9pm on Wednesdays :cop

Unpopular opinion:
Sci-fi Horror is generally>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sci-Fi

Back