Any horror fans here?

Went and watched Barbarian yesterday. Not going to give out many details as any direction of discussion becomes a spoiler. But it was very good. Not elevated and not necessarily original but creepy and gross and quite enjoyable in the tones and way they presented everything. Solid 7/10 I'd say.

Unpopular opinion:
Sci-fi Horror is generally>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sci-Fi
In many, many cases, yes. It’s more interesting to see what goes horribly wrong, when you leave the planet.

So still waiting for some new to me stuff to come out and get excited about something or other this Halloween season.

Supposedly; the new Hellraiser is very good. We'll see. Werewolf by Night is out and I am assuming it's semi-kid friendly. I'll probably check it out. New Halloween comes out next week. We'll see how that goes. Anything out now that flew under the radar? Seems like there is usually a dumptruck full of stuff (especially given the 47 streaming services I subscribe to) but it's been fairly quiet.

Oooh I want to see that new Terrifier sequel. First one was great.

The first Terrifier was surprisingly good. I enjoyed it. I didn’t know another one was coming! And I can’t wait to see the new Hellraiser - I hope it’s good!

I haven’t done a good job of keeping up on new ones…

The first Terrifier was surprisingly good. I enjoyed it. I didn’t know another one was coming! And I can’t wait to see the new Hellraiser - I hope it’s good!

I haven’t done a good job of keeping up on new ones…
2 is in theaters now, oddly enough. I liked the first (2?) Hellraiser films but they fell off drastically pretty quick. There's a new Jeepers Creepers out but it is supposedly terrible.

2 is in theaters now, oddly enough. I liked the first (2?) Hellraiser films but they fell off drastically pretty quick. There's a new Jeepers Creepers out but it is supposedly terrible.
Ok got it. Yeah, the first 2 Hellraisers were great, but then blah. And I liked the first Jeepers Creepers a lot! Then the 2nd not so much. When they started showing the monster more, it got cheesy.

Watched new Hellraiser last night. Not bad. Worth a watch if you like horror and already have a Hulu subscription.

Watched new Hellraiser last night. Not bad. Worth a watch if you like horror and already have a Hulu subscription.
Ooh - great to hear. Will definitely watch it.

We’re almost finished with Dahmer (which is great, and man he was f***d up, LOL), so perfect timing.

Ooh - great to hear. Will definitely watch it.

We’re almost finished with Dahmer (which is great, and man he was f***d up, LOL), so perfect timing.
Dahmer is an interesting case
Although he fits the serial killer label and was certainly f up he had some different traits that were not quite matching the usual MO
For one he was not really sadistic or enjoyed torture of victims
For 2 he felt empathy for the victems and families
And 3 he had awareness of his crimes and feel guilty and that he deserved to die , and put himself in harms way knowing the likely outcome
These things were not present in Gacey Bundy etc

Dahmer is an interesting case
Although he fits the serial killer label and was certainly f up he had some different traits that were not quite matching the usual MO
For one he was not really sadistic or enjoyed torture of victims
For 2 he felt empathy for the victems and families
And 3 he had awareness of his crimes and feel guilty and that he deserved to die , and put himself in harms way knowing the likely outcome
These things were not present in Gacey Bundy etc
Yes! And that’s what I’m finding fascinating. I never really knew the details behind the Dahmer case - I just though he was a pyscho serial killer who chopped his victims up and ate them. It has been wild to see him almost reluctant to kill in some cases, and showing some remorse or at least recognition that he’s not normal and should die for his crimes.

Back