Amp Modeler Tier Ranking

………just get an AxeFX and be happy……….
31aef2edd5d1aa91de59e8a6b3360b28.jpg

Why in the world would one not trust nulltests?
If you watch the videos, Leo gives a summary figure for the measurement in Lufs. It does not detail any instantaneous point in time
If you listen to the actual null files you can hear what was missing. Sometimes it's louder on the pick attack and sometimes the null tests are louder as the note rings out. These would be relating to attack and sustain. If you've done any null tests you would know that volume is a major factor. You could inverse the phase of one track and add a dB and you would still hear the whole thing only quieter.

I have in fact been doing tons of nulltests. And still am doing them quite often.
Then you shouldn't even be asking why null tests can't be trusted. They can give an overall picture especially if you're just averaging numbers. I'm not saying the Kemper is more accurate. I have a tonex already and just got an axefx3. Now a Kemper. I stand by my original opinion years ago. The Kemper still has the best feel out of all of them.
I'm not really concerned with accuracy. By the time I eq a mix, the guitars are fucked anyway.

The Kemper still has the best feel out of all of them.
I'll be curious if you still feel this way! I had the same opinion but my last go around with the Kemper made me realize the steps fractal had taken in terms of feel. About 3 years ago, it was night and day...now they are quite similar imo

I'll be curious if you still feel this way! I had the same opinion but my last go around with the Kemper made me realize the steps fractal had taken in terms of feel. About 3 years ago, it was night and day...now they are quite similar imo
I'll keep you posted. I have it setup right beside the III

I plugged my Kemper in yesterday and RM wouldn’t update multiple times. I may just get a USB stick. Early 21st century tech…

I plugged my Kemper in yesterday and RM wouldn’t update multiple times. I may just get a USB stick. Early 21st century tech…
Were you using the latest version of RM?
Just curious. Mine was on a new computer with a fresh install so that may be why it actually worked.

Last edited:
well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif

Sent with love
lol, give me some time bro.
This is a tough ask. I'm trying to figure out everything on the Kemper again as it's been a while. I don't want to send out anything without having somewhat of an informed opinion. Since the Kemper deals with captures, a lot of the feel could be dependent on the capture itself (I think). I have to think about this more plus I'm a single dad so.....priorities.

lol, give me some time bro.
This is a tough ask. I'm trying to figure out everything on the Kemper again as it's been a while. I don't want to send out anything without having somewhat of an informed opinion. Since the Kemper deals with captures, a lot of the feel could be dependent on the capture itself (I think). I have to think about this more plus I'm a single dad so.....priorities.
Yeah all good! It was definitely in jest.

Will be curious to hear tho!

Back