Adding boosts to amps that don't need it

I know if I go down that road with the VII, despite how much more MORE it will be :love :chef :guiness :love :chef ;

Animated GIF

MK VII mode with a boost in front would be INSANE :satan

IMUSTNOTDEFATTHEPURPOSEOFA3CHANNELAMP
True story: at one point, I was running an MT-2 into the clean channel of a MkIV. (I'll turn in my gun and badge at the end of the day.)

The struggle is real. :D

I know if I go down that road with the VII, despite how much more MORE it will be :love :chef :guiness :love :chef ;

Animated GIF

MK VII mode with a boost in front would be INSANE :satan

Look, there are some great sounding amps today. Amps have come a long way. But seriously, who ever met any kinda amp that doesn't behave just a little bit better with a good ol' slap in the V1...

:bag

Do you not have a screwdriver?

Seriously, get yourself an electric screwdriver.

;)

I just bought one of these last week solely to take the back off one of my Forte 2z12s in order to remove one of the 16 ohm Celestion Century Vintage Neos to put in my Blackstar St. James combo. That cab has a zillion screws in the back and no way was I doing it by hand.

52846457030_4fbb153881_c.jpg

I just bought one of these last week solely to take the back off one of my Forte 2z12s in order to remove one of the 16 ohm Celestion Century Vintage Neos to put in my Blackstar St. James combo. That cab has a zillion screws in the back and no way was I doing it by hand.

52846457030_4fbb153881_c.jpg
My old drummer gave me mine as a housewarming gift when I moved in here, and it's definitely the best thing he ever did for me. Including playing drums for about 5 years. :rofl

It was moreso wanting to get re-reminded what I was getting myself into before getting myself into it :bag

Biggest annoyance was removing 40ft of dual lock that was chemically welded to the bottom of the GR and over the screws :cuss
I hate Velcro so much. But it's often the only answer.

I'm not the biggest fan of boosting amps, even the ones that do "need" it. I guess of all the amps I've owned, it makes the most sense with my roadster, but even then, unless I know I'm gonna be in a heavy passage or jam for a decently long time I do so much switching back and forth between high gain and clean that "compromising" on a slightly looser sound makes more sense. And it still sounds plenty brutal and heavy without the boost anyway. I guess a relay so that a boost could always be on for channel 4 would be cool but then techs starting to get more complicated again.

I did notice during my last gig that through the in ears the amp sounded really tight, and kicking on my SD-1 was never even a consideration throughout the night. I'm wondering the sound guy had already cut the lows or somat

I'm not the biggest fan of boosting amps, even the ones that do "need" it. I guess of all the amps I've owned, it makes the most sense with my roadster, but even then, unless I know I'm gonna be in a heavy passage or jam for a decently long time I do so much switching back and forth between high gain and clean that "compromising" on a slightly looser sound makes more sense. And it still sounds plenty brutal and heavy without the boost anyway. I guess a relay so that a boost could always be on for channel 4 would be cool but then techs starting to get more complicated again.

I did notice during my last gig that through the in ears the amp sounded really tight, and kicking on my SD-1 was never even a consideration throughout the night. I'm wondering the sound guy had already cut the lows or somat
The thing that would irk me about boosting the roadster is the 47 switch footswitch it comes with :cuss :hmm

Back