3.6 When ?

Fwiw, a very simple thing I want for 3.6: allow me to completely turn off any capacitive stuff. Like entirely. It's so annoying that even with stomp select switched off, switches with multiple assignments are always swapping the on/off LED status. And best of it, it's not always acting like that. Just creating a patch, both switch 1 and 2 are assigned to multiple things. Switch 1 is always changing the LED status when I lightly touch it, switch 2 isn't. Driving me mad, really.
And plllleeeeeeaaaaaaseeee let me turn off model select for the lower encoder on the Stomp!
Driving me mad even more.

Here's a legit 3.6 request: fixed drivers for Windows.
Currently latency for real-time playing makes it impossible to use Helix to play through amp sim plugins.
Why would I want it? I want to, OK, bear with me, I want to play NDSP plugin through Helix and make the universe implode, and I can't bloody well do that now, can I.

I never actually use my Helix as an audio interface because it's huge and I have limited table area, but if I did, I would want that 124db guitar input to be functional with other plugins at low latency, say lower than 8ms true RTL.

Is it that bad now?

I've been using my stomp as an interface for native through deskew gig performer. It's been surprisingly good latency wise, much better than when I've loaded native into reaper. I've no idea why the latency via gig performer is so much lower than reaper with the same buffer settings

Here's a legit 3.6 request: fixed drivers for Windows.
Currently latency for real-time playing makes it impossible to use Helix to play through amp sim plugins.
Why would I want it? I want to, OK, bear with me, I want to play NDSP plugin through Helix and make the universe implode, and I can't bloody well do that now, can I.

I doubt they will ever adress that. I mean, it's been 8 years of time now. I'd assume the hardware isn't up to it.
You might however want to check out running the Helix via Asio4All - there's quite some interfaces allowing for better latencies when doing so. Usually comes with a (not too big) CPU hit. And it might cause some things not to work (such as the onboard USB routing). Perhaps worth a try, though.
Fwiw, latencies are better under macOS as well as soon as you run it via Core Audio. Unfortunately, you have to uninstall the driver for that so there's no quick switching (and running things completely driverless comes with plenty of other drawbacks).

100%. I have 2 footswitch toppers and everytime I hit that middle uncovered switch; ugh.

Hmpf - gave all my toppers to the guy buying my Floor (and he's not even using them). Well, I will survive next weeks without (no chance to get toppers until then).

I've been using my stomp as an interface for native through deskew gig performer. It's been surprisingly good latency wise, much better than when I've loaded native into reaper.
Same when running it in Reaper but with ASIO4ALL. Still not all that great, but much better than L6 drivers.

You might however want to check out running the Helix via Asio4All
See above.
I tested it for the sake of it, but honestly I lost interest in plugins, Helix does everything I need, I just thought it would be a nice checkbox to check for Helix.
So I'm not really invested in it, aside from imploding the universe, of course.

Same when running it in Reaper but with ASIO4ALL. Still not all that great, but much better than L6 drivers.

I had tried the asio4all drivers with reaper but still couldn't get low enough latency to be usable. With gig performer I'm just using the line 6 drivers and it's been really good. I only tried it with my stomp because I wanted to check out the wall of sound plugin but had lent my interface to a friend. I loaded native so I had an amp sound to use with wall of sound and it felt great to play through. I've never gotten usable results with helix native using my stomp as an interface before regardless of the drivers used.

I had tried the asio4all drivers with reaper but still couldn't get low enough latency to be usable. With gig performer I'm just using the line 6 drivers and it's been really good.

Hold on. In case latency is different in Reaper vs. Gig Performer, it's not the drivers but either some settings in the used software (buffer sizes and samplerates coming to mind) or a (possibly hidden?) plugin causing permanent latency. Otherwise, at identical buffer settings and samplerates, using the same drivers (hence Line 6 ASIO drivers), all hosts deliver the same latencies. Some might cause higher CPU hits at identical settings, but that doesn't change anything with latencies.

Hold on. In case latency is different in Reaper vs. Gig Performer, it's not the drivers but either some settings in the used software (buffer sizes and samplerates coming to mind) or a (possibly hidden?) plugin causing permanent latency. Otherwise, at identical buffer settings and samplerates, using the same drivers (hence Line 6 ASIO drivers), all hosts deliver the same latencies. Some might cause higher CPU hits at identical settings, but that doesn't change anything with latencies.

I completely agree but it at least shows that I can perfectly usable results using my stomp and the line 6 drivers. Why I've never been able to achieve this with reaper is something I'd love to find out.

I've bitched about my results with native using stomp as an interface for ages when they're obviously perfectly fine with my pc. The problem must be somewhere in reaper itself.

I've been using my stomp as an interface for native through deskew gig performer. It's been surprisingly good latency wise, much better than when I've loaded native into reaper. I've no idea why the latency via gig performer is so much lower than reaper with the same buffer settings
Same here. Very impressed with its performance.

Can't defy certain physics, minimal latency of the HX familiy is around 13-14ms under Windows. But that's at small buffersizes already, so your host may as well choke some.

Another thing I'd like to see in an update: Allow me to toggle between two modes (or well, just stomp/snap) using an external switch. As is, you can only cycle through all modes, which I find to be something I defenitely can't deal with live.

Yet another one: When will we be able to use an IR instead of the cab on the Cab+Amp blocks? Is it really that hard to get this done technically? I mean, it must've been asked for a thousand times by now.

Back