3.6 When ?

I don't think you can turn off capactive switches in the Stomp. Or I want to say you can't turn off the middle capactive switch?

Can’t you do that by going to global settings -> footswitches?

Yes - but it won't help, see below...

I don't think you can turn off capactive switches in the Stomp. Or I want to say you can't turn off the middle capactive switch?

You can. But just not entirely, some functions stay intact. Such as being able to swap switches, such as being able to assign things, and (most annoying!) such as being able to alter the LED status as soon as you control multiple things (on single control assignments it's all fine). So, once you touch the LED lightly, it'll switch from on to off (and vice versa), even if the things you assigned to that switch don't do anything. This has pretty strong "let me just throw that thing against the wall" potential.

Last edited:
Yes - but it won't help, see below...

You can. But just not entirely, some functions stay intact. Such as being able to swap switches, such as being able to assign things, and (most annoying!) such as being able to alter the LED status as soon as you control multiple things (on single control assignments it's all fine). So, once you tought the LED lightly, it'll switch from on to off (and vice versa), even if the things you assigned to that switch don't do anything. This has pretty strong "let me just throw that thing against the wall" potential.
Yeah I put switch toppers on everything. I know there are tons of people who love the capacitive capability but I am not one of those people.

I know there are tons of people who love the capacitive capability but I am not one of those people.

I love it a lot (not as much as with the Floor, but still), but once I'm done creating patches, I'd rather have it switched off. I might switch things back on for a soundcheck but would then instantly turn it off again, because in case I have to do some quick adjustments during a gig, the last thing I want is my on/off LEDs to be messed up.

I see people running NAM on a Raspberry Pi, that has pathetic FPU compared to a proper DSP.
I believe the NAM Pi processor is an ARM Cortex M7 which is the same as the TONEX pedal.

From the M7 documentation -

While Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M7 can be used in DSP applications for both fixed-point and floating-point operations, the DSP extension is optimized for fixed-point applications. Floating-point operations are accelerated using the optional floating-point unit.

As the Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M7 processor have instructions that are carefully designed to support high-level languages, C compilers are able to choose the most efficient instructions without additional help. In some cases, we use idioms - sections of C code which are recognized by a compiler as mapping directly to underlying assembly instructions. Finally, in some cases – particularly with Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) instructions - the compilers are not always able to efficiently utilize the instruction set when compiling C code. In this case, we have to provide the compiler with explicit guidance using intrinsics.

Last edited:
Well from my personal experience it works great. I'm just pleased I'm finally able to use Native after buying it about three years ago.
It certainly does! and the scipting they allow for makes it the ULTIMATE Bradshaw Board. I keep thinking of making a board with the fcb 1010 and some microcomputer running gig performer

I like the idea of global blocks but isnt that what favorites are for? Tweak amp/OD/Delay and then save as a favorite and reload in the affected presets as needed?
The idea is if you change something in one preset, it gets changed in all presets that use that block. Very niche ask, if you ask me. The management alone sound like a nightmare. How do you know in what preset is that global block included and how do you know you're not messing up something Godknowswhere that you shouldn't mess with.

It certainly does! and the scipting they allow for makes it the ULTIMATE Bradshaw Board. I keep thinking of making a board with the fcb 1010 and some microcomputer running gig performer

I was surprised how easy it was to setup and get playing tbh. A friend of mine has it and kept going on about how awesome it was so I downloaded the trial for a laugh. I couldn't believe it when I was able to run native without ridiculous levels of latency for the first time.

I've no idea why I could never get it to work properly with reaper. It's been cool to experiment with dual amp rigs which I can't run on my stomp.

he idea is if you change something in one preset, it gets changed in all presets that use that block. Very niche ask, if you ask me.

By now, plenty of people are asking for something like it.

The management alone sound like a nightmare.

Why? Boss and FAS got it going just fine.

How do you know in what preset is that global block included and how do you know you're not messing up something Godknowswhere that you shouldn't mess with.

You could tackle that in various ways. But first and foremost, you would of course have to be aware of what you're doing. So in case you'd be using a block tagged "global", you'd ideally know that it could be modified from within another preset as well - but hey, that was the very reason you were using it in the first place, so there.

Also, as soon as you compare things to, say, a 3-channel amp that you control through a switching system along with some programmable FX that you call up via MIDI, it all get's pretty obvious. I mean, if you have 2 patches using the clean channel of your analog amp, you don't expect that very channel to all of a sudden become independent per patch, right? And that's precisely how global blocks could work (and how they actually work).

I think if you've used a global block in several presets, you're going to be well aware of the ramifications of changing it.

Precisely. As said, it'd be pretty much the same as using an amp controlled by a programmable switching system.

In case you tagged all global blocks properly, things would become rather transparent already, There could as well be a sort of overview system tagging each patch using global blocks. Maybe there could even be groups of global blocks that you could define and name yourself ("Amp 1-x", "FX 1-x" and such), but that'd possibly be over the top already.
In case I had a modeler offering that functionality, I'd possibly just group my patches following the global blocks. For instance, on a GT-1000, I might just create a bank of 5 patches, all using the same global blocks. I would then just know that all these would share, say, the very same amps.
Also, in both the FAS and Boss global-block-o-verse, you can "release" each block from its global status at any time, should you be unsure whether editing that block would spoil other patches.

Back