3.6 When ?

I was surprised how easy it was to setup and get playing tbh. A friend of mine has it and kept going on about how awesome it was so I downloaded the trial for a laugh. I couldn't believe it when I was able to run native without ridiculous levels of latency for the first time.

I've no idea why I could never get it to work properly with reaper. It's been cool to experiment with dual amp rigs which I can't run on my stomp.
Do you have a live hardware setup with it? Like 5 years ago, I teamed up with a bunch of manufacturers and developers to make a series of "Bringing the studio to the stage" articles, but the only real interface that was working well for this was the RME Babyface, and I like to make my articles and such gear agnostic, so it kind of stopped for a bit, hoping there's newer stuff that will do.

Do you have a live hardware setup with it? Like 5 years ago, I teamed up with a bunch of manufacturers and developers to make a series of "Bringing the studio to the stage" articles, but the only real interface that was working well for this was the RME Babyface, and I like to make my articles and such gear agnostic, so it kind of stopped for a bit, hoping there's newer stuff that will do.

No I'm just using it to run native with my stomp as an interface. Live I'm using my stomp and a few pedals in 4cm with a Marshall JVM.

My friend Chris who initially told me about gig performer is using it live though. He has a full setup doing synths/keyboards/Hammond organ with another band in N Ireland.

I saw a cool thing with a NUC and like a 7" monitor screen glued to the top of it. I really would love some sort of setup like that...I LOVE my helix floor, but helix running on gig performer would be awesome

I saw a cool thing with a NUC and like a 7" monitor screen glued to the top of it. I really would love some sort of setup like that...I LOVE my helix floor, but helix running on gig performer would be awesome

I saw a setup like that a while ago where this dude had a nuc, small screen and a seymour Duncan Powerstage on a board running native. He was running reaper and native in Linux though. Looked like a cool setup.

I've really been enjoying the Wall of sound plugin recently and have been running native into that in gig performer.

I don;t know how viable all those TheSycon.de interfaces are compared to RME for this particular use, back when I was writing Bringing the Studio to the Stage, they really weren't up to it...lots of gaps and dropping out. For latencies I could tolerate, with like a 14 msec round trip latency at 256samples, it was ok, but that's on the far end of what people find ok. I'm sure they've gotten better since then, but I don't know how much

Since it's said to be a model-focused update, I'd be happily surprised if 3.6 leans into the direction of new drive/pitch/synth stuff, rather than having 10 new reverb/delay/mod ones.

Personal opinion/preference though. ;)

Each time I'm thinking about some particular pedal (e.g. mkII Bender), there's a part of my mind that goes "oh right, this model comes close enough if I sit down for some A/B tweaking with the real thing in the loop".

And that's what I love about the Helix. Anyhow, it'd still be nice to have some of the classics that still (kinda) go overlooked.

Also, an Acapulco Gold would be cool. Call it Juarez Nugget or whatever. :D

First off: I don't want any new models of anything, I'm all for focusing on usability aspects.
But if I was asked and there just had to be a new drive model, it'd be the Caroline Guitar Wave Cannon Mk II, including the Havoc switch, which is just gorgeous.

I don;t know how viable all those TheSycon.de interfaces are compared to RME for this particular use, back when I was writing Bringing the Studio to the Stage, they really weren't up to it...lots of gaps and dropping out. For latencies I could tolerate, with like a 14 msec round trip latency at 256samples, it was ok, but that's on the far end of what people find ok. I'm sure they've gotten better since then, but I don't know how much

These days, even Thesycon driven interfaces seem to have gotten better (at least according to the megathread at Gearspace). Also, there seem to be more vendors to finally understand that decent low(est) latency performance *is* a selling factor. As an example, Motu have considerably upped their game, so the drivers of their M-series interfaces seem to be akin towards RME territory. Which is fantastic in that price range.

Since it's said to be a model-focused update, I'd be happily surprised if 3.6 leans into the direction of new drive/pitch/synth stuff, rather than having 10 new reverb/delay/mod ones.
I'm so much looking forward to some "synth update". I recently played a bit with the currently available ones for my bassist and we were able to get some cool sounds, and I'd love to see what could be achievable with polyphonic synth blocks.

Re: Synth features. IMO it'd be decent enough for a start to have some nice filters (the current ones are all limited in functionality and tend to sound incredibly harsh when opened). Add something like an EHX POG2 and you're all on the way into synth-ish territory already,

I'm so much looking forward to some "synth update". I recently played a bit with the currently available ones for my bassist and we were able to get some cool sounds, and I'd love to see what could be achievable with polyphonic synth blocks.
True, although I see some DSP hogs incoming, if they really do poly synths at some point.

But yeah, some of the Legacy synths can sound pretty good. Lots of fun there, also on guitar!

My models requests:

Add Power Amp models so we can use preamps like Synergy with solid stage poweramps and real cabs or just to create new tones by mixing preamps and poweramps models.
Here's an example were Poweramp models are useful:
https://thegearforum.com/threads/amped-1-initial-thoughts-as-power-amp-only.1760/

Oh and it would be nice if the poweramp models have an adjustable load impedance so users can match to their real cab.

But yeah, some of the Legacy synths can sound pretty good. Lots of fun there, also on guitar!

Unfortunately they're just monophonic (they're really not too bad). That's why I'd rather start with some decent filters and maybe with some additional octave stuff you could blend in (which wouldn't have to sound too great as it'd only be mixed in and possibly filtered to death anyway).

True, although I see some DSP hogs incoming, if they really do poly synths at some point.

A poly synth block shouldn't take more or much more than the poly pitch, should it? I mean, most of the processing would be the poly processing. Then you generate whatever wave with the detected frequencies and you're done. They could also add a pitch slider to all poly synth blocks "for free".

It might not be that simple, though. I'm not an expert on this at all :-)

Add Power Amp models so we can use preamps like Synergy with solid stage poweramps and real cabs or just to create new tones by mixing preamps and poweramps models.
Do you think about preamps for guitar like synergy or generalists preamps (API, NEVE, SPL...) ?

Got an Amplifirebox and my old Soldano SP77 preamp sounded pretty glorious through it's power amp models when I tried it. So I'd be all for that (just have to find out in which hidden part of the stuffed basement I put the Soldano...)

Back