3.6 When ?

I've been really enjoying some of the preamps into the power amp insert on my JVM. The revv gen red in particular sounds fantastic like that.

All I'm really hankering for is a USB connection that doesn't disconnect from Edit while using my Stomp as an interface for my Mac :hmm

I would finally like to be able to just bypass the cab on an Amp&Cab block - or, not exactly alternatively, at least please keep the settings of the amp intact when switching between amp and amp/cab blocks.
I might just have to deal with that on the weekend as it's not exactly clear whether I would have to run my stuff into the return of a rental amp instead of having an FR monitor. Now, in this case, it's only 2 patches I need to transfer and I'd have to finetune some amp settings anyway - but what if it was more patches?
I mean, it's 2023 and the only way to deactivate the cab in a modeler or rather (as that is impossible to even begin with) to properly transfer my settings from an amp/cab block to an amp block would be to take pictures of each page with my phone? Seriously?
I absolutely get it that due to the semi-modular nature of the HX family, there's no global cab on/off, fine. But why make something as trivial as bypassing a cab extra hard? Heck, give me a neutral cab. A mix slider. An option to load an IR instead of a cab (would load a neutral one). Really, anything would do, at least for a start. But nada.

I would finally like to be able to just bypass the cab on an Amp&Cab block - or, not exactly alternatively, at least please keep the settings of the amp intact when switching between amp and amp/cab blocks.
I might just have to deal with that on the weekend as it's not exactly clear whether I would have to run my stuff into the return of a rental amp instead of having an FR monitor. Now, in this case, it's only 2 patches I need to transfer and I'd have to finetune some amp settings anyway - but what if it was more patches?
I mean, it's 2023 and the only way to deactivate the cab in a modeler or rather (as that is impossible to even begin with) to properly transfer my settings from an amp/cab block to an amp block would be to take pictures of each page with my phone? Seriously?
I absolutely get it that due to the semi-modular nature of the HX family, there's no global cab on/off, fine. But why make something as trivial as bypassing a cab extra hard? Heck, give me a neutral cab. A mix slider. An option to load an IR instead of a cab (would load a neutral one). Really, anything would do, at least for a start. But nada.
That’s always been a problem for me to, but more related to my -home player with obsessive tweaking disorder- problem…

This has always been a pet peeve of mine when working with the HX stuff. So annoying!
I totally agree with this. It's one of those features that I really enjoy in my Headrush Pedalboard. I have a gig coming up where I have to play through somebody elses amp on stage and I don't know whether I'll go through effects loop or through the front or even if I will be able to send a feed from the modeler to FOH. It's so cool that you can have an "alternate output" that starts pretty much anywhere in the chain of all your presets (before amp, after amp but before cab etc.) so you can easily adapt to those situation.
Oh yeah, AND it has "global" block presets (in HR terms known as "effects presets") that you can change one place and have it change for all patches that utilize that particular block preset... ;)
I actually thought that was what the "favorite" block feature would be when L6 introduced it, but not quite...

Oh yeah, AND it has "global" block presets (in HR terms known as "effects presets") that you can change one place and have it change for all patches that utilize that particular block preset...

Seriously? I always thought it was only block presets that could be called up at any time - but I never knew that changes in settings would actually transfer to other patches. That'd make the HR the third unit to feature global blocks (the others being the Axe FX and GT-1000).

This has always been a pet peeve of mine when working with the HX stuff. So annoying!

I totally agree with this. It's one of those features that I really enjoy in my Headrush Pedalboard. I have a gig coming up where I have to play through somebody elses amp on stage and I don't know whether I'll go through effects loop or through the front or even if I will be able to send a feed from the modeler to FOH. It's so cool that you can have an "alternate output" that starts pretty much anywhere in the chain of all your presets (before amp, after amp but before cab etc.) so you can easily adapt to those situation.
Oh yeah, AND it has "global" block presets (in HR terms known as "effects presets") that you can change one place and have it change for all patches that utilize that particular block preset... ;)
I actually thought that was what the "favorite" block feature would be when L6 introduced it, but not quite...
I agree, doing this on my mx5 is also a breeze (same same as GB and PB)… i like the HR way of treating effects like they are plugins and have internal presets inside them. Think I mentioned somewhere else the fact that one can “scene” (snapshot in helix) the amp model within the same rig (preset in helix). So changing the amp from one to another without actually using two amp blocks.

Hmhmhmhm... so the smaller Headrush offerings all have that global block/preset functionality as well?
All three HR modelers are basically the same inside, same dsp same same everything, except size and number of switches and of course some switching related features.
Don’t go buy anything HR though… not now.

All three HR modelers are basically the same inside, same dsp same same everything, except size and number of switches and of course some switching related features.
Season 5 Episode 7 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

I got nothin… honestly.

But they seem to have everything pulled except mx5. If that says something or not… idk. But usually retailers state when something is on the way back to stock. There’s nothin, nada, zzzzip. I guess they sold out stock and either leaving it that way or they bout to do a repackage run of HR Pedalboard, same internals, updated enclosure and maybe call it MX-1 or something. I have no clue.

Yeah well, also looked up Leo Gibsons latency comparison. At 6.x ms I wouldn't touch any of them as I would have to use the loop, hence doubling latency. And 12ms is nothing I would ever want to deal with.

I got nothin… honestly.

But they seem to have everything pulled except mx5. If that says something or not… idk. But usually retailers state when something is on the way back to stock. There’s nothin, nada, zzzzip. I guess they sold out stock and either leaving it that way or they bout to do a repackage run of HR Pedalboard, same internals, updated enclosure and maybe call it MX-1 or something. I have no clue.

See here for pics of the upcoming Headrush release. Looks like it will do profiling too.

Profiling on Headrush ? Interesting.
Maybe an editor will come out ?

Last edited:
Profiling on Headrush ? Interesting.
I feel like the odd almost the only guy ever anywhere that actually isn’t interested in profiling at all. Tried it some with Overloud but I didn’t like being “stuck” kinda with a photo like snapshot of an amps settings. It might because I actually don’t own any amps and I want my digital amp to be like a real amp that I can tweak… idk. I certainly won’t ever complain on Line 6 about it. Putting profiling in something like the stomp may very well be an excellent idea in todays market… but I wouldn’t ever use it or ever want to. Maybe just me…

Personally I hope they keep rolling out the new cabs and design more in-house amp models. Because them are great amp sounding for sure.

Last edited:
I feel like the odd almost the only guy ever anywhere that actually isn’t interested in profiling at all. Tried it some with Overloud but I didn’t like being “stuck” kinda with a photo like snapshot of an amps settings. It might because I actually don’t own any amps and I want my digital amp to be like a real amp that I can tweak… idk. I certainly won’t ever complain on Line 6 about it. Putting profiling in something like the stomp may very well be an excellent idea in todays market… but I wouldn’t ever use it or ever want to. Maybe just me…

Personally I hope they keep rolling out the new cabs and design more in-house amp models. Because them are great amp sounding for sure.
Oh, I'm totally there with you. I have no interest in profiling anything and therefor don't really care about that feature. However, I do like the idea of downloading someone elses profiles if they present me with the opportunity to play an amp that is otherwise unavailable in my modeler.

But yeah, because of this I don't really get the current love affair with the ToneX pedal and software. I need much more from my modeler in terms of switches, effects, routing etc. than "just" the ability to "profile" a specific amp at specific settings. I really have no need for that...

Back