Your favorite heavy high gain Fractal preset/amp.

KingsXJJ

Roadie
So… what is it? Love the mid-gain Marshall stuff. Got any recommendations on a specific FM-3 preset?

The Bogner Euro/Ecstasy is cool. JVM is bad ass as well. Please don't ask me about
the Friedmans, though. :pitchforks

:rofl

I still mostly revert to the JCM800's.... throwing a Boost/OD in front and call it a day.

Also, Leon Todd's free IR(s) is legit (LT TV Mix). Worth checking out. And the Lynchback
based Ownhammer IRs are also :chef with Marshalls.

Atomica is another Amp Model that gives a more modern-forward Marshall vibe with
amped up gain.

Among the great high-gain options not already mentioned:

• FAS Brootalz (Soldano/ENGL Savage hybrid)
  • ENGL Savage
  • USA JP2C Yellow Shred
  • Archean/PRS Archon
  • REVV Gen Purple 3
For cabs for any of them, check out Factory Bank 2 and pick pretty much anything from 157-172. Those are a bunch of ML Sound Lab IRs created with Misha Mansoor of 2x12 Mesa V30 and 2x12 Zilla V30/Creamback cabinets with various mics. Mix and match any two to taste.

FAS Lead 1 was another favorite of mine for lead tones. 5153 Blue channel, JMPre-1 were good ones as well.

Almost forgot about the 5153 50W blue channel! That scene on the 5153 factory preset is pretty much perfect. Much as I like the Stealth channels (which unfortunately are not yet available on the FM3 that the OP has), the 50W is just special man.

Almost forgot about the 5153 50W blue channel! That scene on the 5153 factory preset is pretty much perfect. Much as I like the Stealth channels (which unfortunately are not yet available on the FM3 that the OP has), the 50W is just special man.
I have a FM3 and AxeFXIII. But I am curious…. Is it just a matter of an awaited firmware update until the FM3 gets the Stealth channels?

Man there are so many
I have used a bunch of different ones but try sometimes to stay away from the more popular models

The Mesa Triple Crest 3

The Bogner ( euro) XTC red vintage

An SLO w Jcm800 tonestack

The new Silver Jubilee.. but it is not in the FM3 yet

CCV 2B
FAS Modern I and II
JVM OD2 Orange
Mark IIC++
SLO 100
Block Letter 5150
Mark IV
5150III Slealth (red and blue both!)

The list is pretty long because they all can sound great. Except for the REVV stuff; dunno why but it sounds like pedal distortion to me.
I agree with you on the REVV
I have tried to love it , it’s sounds great in Shawn Tubbs videos but it just does not work for me , there is an unpleasant congestion in the low mids and just as you said it sounds like a distortion pedal , it’s also the one amp model that the feel seems off it almost like there is some latency , it just feels uninspiring, I pull up an XTC throw a boost in front and it sounds 10 times better with minimal fuss, same with the Triple Crest red

Back