Your favorite heavy high gain Fractal preset/amp.

I agree with you on the REVV
I have tried to love it , it’s sounds great in Shawn Tubbs videos but it just does not work for me , there is an unpleasant congestion in the low mids and just as you said it sounds like a distortion pedal , it’s also the one amp model that the feel seems off it almost like there is some latency , it just feels uninspiring, I pull up an XTC throw a boost in front and it sounds 10 times better with minimal fuss, same with the Triple Crest red

The XTC Red channel with a CC Boost or T808 Mod is just a cheat code, really. Now I think it's my favorite modded Marshall in the unit.

That being said, I still like the REVV Purple 3. It is rather picky for cab choices, tho.

REV amps: Jack of all trades; master of none that I like :oops:

I'd say whether it's the REVV models or the Mesa Triple Crest/Triple Crown models (which I don't like either much), there's just very little reason to spend time trying to redeem a "new" amp model on a Fractal that doesn't give you instant joy when there are sooooo many other fish in the sea, so to speak.

Here you have a thread where the OP is asking for recommendations in just one genre, and there are like 20 different consensus options already, I think?

Pick any of 'em. I don't think anyone's said the Recto Orange with the Grinder boost in front yet, either.

I have tried to love it , it’s sounds great in Shawn Tubbs videos but it just does not work for me , there is an unpleasant congestion in the low mids and just as you said it sounds like a distortion pedal , it’s also the one amp model that the feel seems off it almost like there is some latency , it just feels uninspiring, I pull up an XTC throw a boost in front and it sounds 10 times better with minimal fuss, same with the Triple Crest red
Nice!

IMO the Revv amps are what you would get if you try your hardest to get all the "bad" parts of the sound out. The sizzle that Marshall style amps have, or trying to make everything totally balanced.

The XTC Red channel with a CC Boost or T808 Mod is just a cheat code, really. Now I think it's my favorite modded Marshall in the unit.

That being said, I still like the REVV Purple 3. It is rather picky for cab choices, tho.
A boosted XTC red is a beast it tightens up the lows just enough IMO , that amp also just has so much articulation and harmonics I think it is the perfect modern rock amp
Maybe not what the thrash metal crowd want as it is not super tight but it is a killer amp for most other genres

I forgot the Triple Crown was on there. Must try.

Both channels of it on there are pretty midgain, surprisingly. I guess the real amp only gets to truly high gain territory using the built-in boosts.

I actually prefer using a distinct drive block before it instead of the boosts available in the amp block. That's because I find it reacts really well to the Horizon Precision Drive.

Turn up the "Attack" parameter and increase the treble on the amp itself....you got a fire-breathing percussive beast.

But if you just use the amp block and cab....prepare for disappointment.

I’m so glad you started this thread @KingsXJJ, there’s a high gain fractal deep dive coming soon for me.

I really want to find a few days to go through the amp models I don’t have experience with. When I got the Fm9 I was focused on getting ready for a gig so I just went to the usual suspects to get a preset ready to go. There’s a lot of exploring I want to do.

D

The last 2 months I’ve spent almost all my Fractal time on either a JCM800 or the 6CA7 that I Jose’d. The more time goes on, the more convinced I am that I can get pretty much all I want out of a Marshall—based circuit, which cracks me up because for the last 25 years I’ve been “It’s gotta be a Mesa or Peavey for high gain”

The last 2 months I’ve spent almost all my Fractal time on either a JCM800 or the 6CA7 that I Jose’d. The more time goes on, the more convinced I am that I can get pretty much all I want out of a Marshall—based circuit, which cracks me up because for the last 25 years I’ve been “It’s gotta be a Mesa or Peavey for high gain”
Marshall based circuits are my home plate as well. I am curious however… how do you Jose an amp? Replace a tube stage with SS? I’m quite interested in the details if you’d care to share…

Many don’t like it as it is not a recto or mark but to me it has a great feel especially lead stuff it fast percussive and just sings

From the couple times I’ve demoed the real amp, my prob with it was that it wasn’t a particularly distinct tone, like it lacked a little character. (Sorta generic) But I thought it was a cool amp nonetheless. Good note separation under gain. Completely forgot it’s modeled in the Fractalverse.

Both channels of it on there are pretty midgain, surprisingly. I guess the real amp only gets to truly high gain territory using the built-in boosts.

I actually prefer using a distinct drive block before it instead of the boosts available in the amp block. That's because I find it reacts really well to the Horizon Precision Drive.

Turn up the "Attack" parameter and increase the treble on the amp itself....you got a fire-breathing percussive beast.

But if you just use the amp block and cab....prepare for disappointment.

Ive played one in the shop a couple times. It didn’t seem undergained, but I was probably in the Uber gainz mode, that amp had a lot of different modes from what I recall.

I’ll try it out with the Precision drive 👍

From the couple times I’ve demoed the real amp, my prob with it was that it wasn’t a particularly distinct tone, like it lacked a little character. (Sorta generic) But I thought it was a cool amp nonetheless. Good note separation under gain. Completely forgot it’s modeled in the Fractalverse.

Ive played one in the shop a couple times. It didn’t seem undergained, but I was probably in the Uber gainz mode, that amp had a lot of different modes from what I recall.

I’ll try it out with the Precision drive 👍
Try it out with the JP2 shred switch paisleywookie mentioned above as well he knows Mesas well

It’s an interesting amp it’s won’t appear to be mega gained at 11 o’clock in fact some have used it as a clean channel at low gain setting
But once you engage the tight mode in the real amp and get the gain to 1 oclock it breathes fire

To me it’s kind of reminiscent of a Bogner XTC with less mids but tighter percussive lows , but it’s super articulate
And harmonics fly out
Where the Bogner has this more kind of elastic feel when you play legato runs
The Crown has a much quicker attack and can do those triplets that will sound
Like gun fire a la Zakk Wylde

Marshall based circuits are my home plate as well. I am curious however… how do you Jose an amp? Replace a tube stage with SS? I’m quite interested in the details if you’d care to share…

Like Whiz said, the Saturation switch is basically the Jose mod. That's pretty much the only amp I get into the deeper parameters with, Sag, Negative Feedback, etc.

I think I've tried it exactly once. I know it's a beloved amp, but for some reason whenever I think high gain in that sense I want to go to a Peavey or Mesa. I'll fuck with it some more. Always good to have more flavors.
So my go to JVM uses OD2 Green. It seems super clean. My other JVM preset uses the same channel with the input at 4.8something or other.

No wonder faces rip on that preset :unsure: :oops: :satan :ROFLMAO:

Back