Why no "High End" Behringer Modeler ...... seriously ?

BenIfin

Roadie
This has always stumped me.

I know / understand how Behringer do "their product development" .... and I have no doubt they possess the technical personnel to "make" their own version of any top tier modeler.

So ..... why do people think they haven't yet done this ?

Given their "business model" it kind of surprises me.

Ben

Does Behringer make anything that is considered high end?
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

They're busy doing discontinued synth clones.

I've had the impression that in the last 5-10 years they haven't discriminated between current or discontinued products ?

No expert but some of their recent "interpretations" of other mid-range mixing gear is pretty well thought of I gathered ?

Also, I think they released their version of a Neve Strip which seems to have been well received ?

And I would say their their version of the Mackie MCU is miles ahead of the original.

It kind of seems like a no-brainer product line given their other stuff and their overall "approach" to making stuff ?

Then again, even if they made an equal-to-top-tier modeler ... its hard to imagine it making a name in the mid-to-pro-levels just due to the brand-name-baggage it would carry.

Ben

Makes sense to do budget clones of entry to mid level gear. Makes zero sense to do pro level stuff.

pro as in high end, not as in gigging for $$

TC will do it, as Di said. Ampworx pedals sounds pretty good actually imho, and TC seem to stand by them with support. They were updated because of user feedback.

I’m going to try the Deluxe I think. For the price… it’s worth trying and I want simplicity.

Performing in the highest venues yes, but the name likely will never be.

I always warned that if Behringer got into DAWs and plugins it would be crazy. They did do a lot lot lot of DSP. I would buy them if they made it as VSTs!

Does the world really need another Headrush?
Nahh… don’t think that will happen. Depends. I’ve seen a lot of negativity regarding TC and Behringer. The fact is that we don’t know how TC will play their part. If Behringer is wise, they’ll let TC use their experience.

If anything, the ampworx pedal sound pretty darn good. And from my understanding that’s all TC (the sound)

Nahh… don’t think that will happen. Depends. I’ve seen a lot of negativity regarding TC and Behringer. The fact is that we don’t know how TC will play their part. If Behringer is wise, they’ll let TC use their experience.

If anything, the ampworx pedal sound pretty darn good. And from my understanding that’s all TC (the sound)
From my experience, huge multinational conglomerates ruin everything they touch.

From my experience, huge multinational conglomerates ruin everything they touch.
My experience to… and Behringer has quite the reputation (not in a good way). We will see.

I’m really skeptic that they’d pull off any kind of impressive thing themselves. But TC… they can. The multi effects they did recently (Plethora) was quite the packages, especially considering toneprint and all.

TC did a questionnaire recently that was all about modelling and what users want from a unit. Was totally aimed at HW devices for guitar.

TC have the means to do something good, if Behringer let them. They’re already sat on a ton of decent fx and technology, and have a load of amp models already done. Curious if they can make a better stab at it than Fender did - IMO, they definitely have the means to, and I suspect even their current amp+fx algos would fare well.

My experience to… and Behringer has quite the reputation (not in a good way). We will see.

I’m really skeptic that they’d pull off any kind of impressive thing themselves. But TC… they can. The multi effects they did recently (Plethora) was quite the packages, especially considering toneprint and all.
I love TC, I almost went all in on a g system about 10 years ago ..shit ... probably should now, while I'm thinking about it....those things were awesome....the floor unit one.

Screenshot_20240819-164322_Chrome.jpg

It's likely coming. It will be branded TC Electronic, and I suspect their recent Ampworx pedals are a test platform for it.
Good points!

So, Ampworx amp modeling with Plethora/Toneprint effects and some kind of IR loader, at an "affordable" price?

That could turn out decent enough for many folks, I guess.

Back