A not quite as scientific as I'd like DAW CPU usage comparison

Reaper 7.0 default theme:
1718880538057.png

There are sooooooo many problems with this in my opinion. It's borderline abusive. :rofl

Studio One default look:
1718880612633.png

And with the meter bridge and small channels:
1718880644891.png

Everything is pretty clear. No weird alignment issues, buttons don't jump around randomly based on the size of the track headers. The mixer gives you professional features like ... erm... dB markers on the meters... because why would you ever not want that... There's loads of small workflow-y things that a screenshot cannot convey. Like selecting multiple tracks and inserting the same effect onto each one of them all in one quick motion.

Studio One has very very nice workflow.

Cubase Pro 13:
1718880759603.png

And the mixer:
1718880780605.png

And colourising the channels:
1718880809530.png

This is probably my favourite software mixer across any package out there. The meters are super clear and readable, very informative. Being able to hide away stuff you don't need at any given time, just makes the whole thing a joy to use.

Reaper just doesn't even compete with Studio One and Cubase, in my honest opinion. It has so many workflow niggles, look and feel mistakes, and on the whole as a software package, it just sort of .... I feel like it hates the user and wants me to die. :rofl

Not sure what you mean? I use Studio One (6) but haven't experienced anything weird with Native.
Activate low latency („Z“) monitoring on the track that has Helix Native on it, play guitar and then tweak some settings in the plugin. You should not hear any changes to the sound as long as Z is engaged. This behavior has been confirmed by a lot of users.

Back