What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

It sure is a lesson in detachment. :beer

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Tweaked the setup of this Electromatic Gretsch Elliot Easton Duo Jet.

Long story short, I have another that's much the same. Got it back in 2020, and I love everything about it except that it's 11lbs. They don't come up for sale often, but I found this one and at 8.3lbs I clicked "buy".

It was a bit buzzy in a few places, I got it back from the guitar tech yesterday and it's playing much better now. This morning I did some setup tweaks to suit my taste and playing style, and moved my Filtertrons over from the heavy guitar. Tonight I'll use it exclusively and start to decide if I like it enough that I can sell the heavy one. This is an equation that will also involve weighing up the sentimental attachment to the heavy one (It basically exclusively did my last solo album and has just been used lots on an upcoming project) against the literal weight of the damn thing.

Oh, very important info: It's got two <neck> Filtertrons. I'm old school, and recently realised I prefer the way they did it back before they invented higher winds for bridge position pickups.

PXL_20230601_154042316.jpg

Last edited:
Guitars are staying home tonight. :hugitoutHave to fill in on drums, because our drummer's daughter is graduating.

I usually don't mind, except when it is 95 F'ing degrees Fahrenheit at the 45th fucking Parallel on the 1st of god damn June. :brick

Taking towels. :LOL:

I’ve stared at my Edwards LPC thinking about picking it up…..also, I didn’t know you owned one, @Blix, or maybe I forgot? I think that makes 4 on this forum now?

I finally completed my new pedal board. Hooked everything up or at least I thought I did 😂 Tested things out, thought alright everything is a go. Then I see my noise gate wasn’t connected to it’s power adapter and it was basically just being bypassed. I’m thinking damn, maybe I don’t need the noise gate on here…🤔
IMG_0178.jpeg

Technically this was a couple days ago and I barely did any playing, but my uncle came to visit and it’s always a good time when he does. He gave me my first guitar for Christmas when I was 11 and was the only kind of teacher I ever had. This guy used to have people stop and watch him play at every music store we ever went to because he was an absolute beast in the 80’s/90’s.

IMG_4173.jpeg

He loves trying new stuff but is a complete minimalist when it comes to his own gear, so any time he comes over he’s like a kid in a candy store. The first couple times he just wanted to play around with the FM9 but this time he wanted to check out the pedals so I pulled out every drive pedal I have and let him go nuts. It was bittersweet because arthritis is starting to really beat him up, I always prepare myself to be schooled when he comes over and this was the first time I noticed a change in his playing. While it sucks, this guy won’t quit gigging until he’s in the ground and he’s still a showman, still picks his guitars up by the whammy bar and swings ‘em around his head, plays with his teeth, all the stuff he was doing back in the 80’s because it cracks him up and he loves gigging.

I’ve mentioned the slump I’ve been in for a couple months now and not really feeling like picking up my guitar much, him telling me to get as much playing and recording in now was definitely a good push when I needed it!

Back